Online Bid To Cheer Up Britain

22 Posts | Latest reply on 03/08/2009 21:11:04 by bikerchick1966 | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Britain could be a happier place thanks to a unique psychological experiment aimed at spreading smiles around the country. Thousands of people are being invited to go online and try one of four proven mood-boosting techniques. The idea is to plant seeds of happiness which then "infect" others, sending waves of cheerfulness across recession-hit Britain. A national poll conducted before and after the experiment will assess whether it has worked. Professor Richard Wiseman, who is leading the study, has high hopes that it will, if enough people participate. "It's well known that happiness is catching," said Prof Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire. "We hope to spread happiness around the UK. No-one's ever tried cheering up a whole country before, and it's the right time to do it with everyone feeling gloomy from the recession. "Whether or not it will work depends on how many people take part. I've no idea what the tipping point is. Potentially somewhere like London, which is densely populated, you might find people smiling a lot more. It's a mad idea but it might just work." For the experiment to succeed, at least 10,000 people need to take part, said Prof Wiseman, adding: "We're hoping for more than that." From Monday, anyone can join in the study by visiting the website www.ScienceOfHappiness.co.uk. Participants will be asked to rate their mood and then be randomly assigned to one of four groups.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Hey TC.. good to see you back on here!   What a nice post ...heres my contribution ... Big smile   Smiling is infectious You can catch it like the flu When somebody starts to smile at you You cant help smiling too!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                     
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Just what the country needs TC i hope it takes off ....nice rhyme Karey !                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Thanks Karey!! Happy burfday for a while back, by the way!!   (see - it is nice to be nice Tongue)     Cheers excalibur - your hair looks really good today! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Ahhhh thanks TC!  tis ok.... you can get me a drink next year.. ohh best make that two! hehe hey ex... didn't notice the hair, nice one!                                                                                                                                                                               
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

No probs Karey - mine's a large one... Ermm   ...and hey, I really like what you have done with your eyes today! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Errrr........... Stern Smile.. im not gonna fill you flask, if it's a large one, laddy!   If you're referring to my eyes, you must mean the bloodshot redness, due to me having my visor open and  riding nigh on 40miles in the dark with just a peanut bulb for my friend.. ohhhh and Nina my other friend who very kindly rode in front of me to light the way!   scarey stuff .... as most of the roads are unlit, dint get home till 11pm.. pesky bulbs.. 3 blown just lately!! grrrrrrrr   but I'm still smiling!!  Thumbs Up   *oops, just realised you were talking about excalibur's eyes... yes nice eyes excalibur..and rather a fetching outfit too..if i may say so *                                                                                                                                                                                
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

& they got funding for this?!   Quality! I'm in the wrong line of work! LOL   *Enrols at the University of the Bleedin' Obvious*                                                                                                                                                                               
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

It's definitely the way to go... I have a friend who hosts "Laughter Workshops". WTF?! Companies pay him thousands of ££££ to have their workers spend a day at an hotel with him learning "how to laugh".   He's laughing all the way to the bank... only they're not safe, so it's under the mattress with the piles and piles of cash! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

No Karey - I was speaking about YOUR eyes....   (I am giving away a free compliment with every post today!)   Hey Wannabe -LOVING that necklace you are wearing!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

TC   May i say how utterly stunning you look today you should wear that colour more often it goes with your eyes.   Wannabe   Thou types with the accent of an angel   Karey   Red is def your colour   EX   May the fleas of 1000 camels infest the beds of your enemies   Tongue                                                                                                                                                                                 
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Thanx TC , the hairs about all i've got left ha ha , must say you're also looking mighty breezy this mor'n                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

If its passing out compliments day , hi everybody on line you're all looking great today ! thats my bit taken care of .lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

at least ya got hair !!!!!!!!!!1111                                                                                                                                                                             
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

Poor old Shrek!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

Thanks TC. . .I am very grateful to you for pointing out this site. (Guess what MY task was!!!!!!!!!)LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

This is a happy, smiley thread, nice one TC you handsome devil you and lots of posts from such a grand bunch of 'beautiful' people!

Hug Wink
Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

we are all happy !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Karey - know what you mean about riding at night with poor lights!!   I really should look into changing my front lamp... I saw a really nice round (pretty futuristic) unit with a three bulb arrangement on ebay but I am damned if I can find it again. Would look great on the Nightster!!   If I could find it then THAT would cheer ME up!!                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

TC , dont be glum chum you've brightened up our day so you have 3 wishes...anyone seen this lamp please let us know                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 1234 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption