Places ya have been on ya bike this year which were worth visiting

8 Posts | Latest reply on 31/07/2009 22:46:43 by Roaring Ruby | Go to original / last post
Puds's Profile
Puds

In: .
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just thought would start a thread,     as you do,  :-) This years I have been to some great places on my bike,  and thought I would let you all know,  and if any one else has been anywhere good please could you let me know, I went touring Scotland,  it was great, If  you get chance to got Applecross and do the Pass,  you should go,   anyone else been to Applecross.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

wooohooo my fave place - Applecross - haven't been for a long time - however, if all things go to plan - maybe getting up there in August sometime Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

In: .

Holfirthgirl,  it  was you that sugested it to me,  and I have to admit it was worth the ride  to get to it.   I had never heard of the place,  until you sent me the PM and the youtube link.  I will add it to my list of places to visit again.   I am sure there are some other great places,  that  people on here know,    Also Pitlochry is really nice,  but I promised TeeCee I would not let you all know as he does not want it full of bikers  lol.                                                                                                                                                                               
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Stern Smile   Shhhhh......!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

errrr....OH Yeah I did didn't I?????? **wonders if Alzheimers is starting early!! Ermm**   & TC - I promise if we come  through Pitlochery, we'll come through quietly Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

You shouldn't ride bikes through Pitlochry, the exhaust noise could wake a Haggis and a Haggis awoken prematurely from hibernation is a fearsome creature.  I believe they have a special appetite for leather and Goretex which makes them even more dangerous to bikers.   As TeeCee can attest Harleys and sports bikes with race cans are especially dangerous due to the noise level, if you think one grumpy Haggis is bad imagine being hunted by a ravenous pack of outraged Haggi                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Wasn't on the bike but can recommend Calke Abbey near Derby...run-down country mansion house preserved as it was handed over, ie mid-1980s timewarp so spectacularly untidy it made my dishevelled house look positively immaculate.                                                                                                                                                                             
Roaring Ruby's Profile
Roaring Ruby

In: Cardiff

CRICKHOWELL: Canal/river/bunkhouse in Pub with free LIVE music .RECommend. Name of pub available through PMs if interested    £12 /a night 4 two. Much larger roons available. Beautifull unique shops...Motor bike shop  Brill chip shop.Art galleries. Little old casle.. there is more... Place very compact on a hill after some wonderfull roads.. Near Abergyfenny (big bikers meet on a sunday so im told) Mid glamorgan WALES                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 976 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption