Truest Fairy Tale??

67 Posts | Latest reply on 02/08/2009 05:43:32 by maxnod | Go to original / last post
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Fortunately, aforementioned current husband is not the children's dad. Husband number two is their dad, and yes, we have remained really good friends, so much so that during half term holidays, he comes and stays here with us so that he can see the children (he lives 500 miles away).. yes it is important for the sake of the children, but he's a nice enough bloke anyway.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thats nice cissy.....                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I'm consistent 2 goes at 13 years each, not that I'm superstitious or anything....                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

well mine lasted 30 years in total, 27 of em married and most of that happy except the last few when illness changed his personality and ended our life together so not really his fault!!! Since then, well.......................never knew there were so many mad/bad/sad single/divorced/separated middle aged people out there including the lovely guy I met on BM who after 2.5 years turned out to be just another one of em!!!!  Things happen for a reason though - it taught me that Im lucky to be as I am, happy, independant still respectful and accepting of other people but definately better off staying not so young free and single for the foreseeable future anyway lmao!!!!! Now it's me who can do what she wants, when and as little/often as possible - not doubting some of you guys may have had a rough deal and happier being single but dont forget the same goes for some of the ladies out there too!!! mmmmmmmmmmm   girly days out, unlimited chick flicks, not having to cook/clear up or look after anyone else with lots of time for ourselves including long hot soaks in sweet smelling bubble baths plus bike rallies, rideouts and laughs with some good old fashioned honest company as and when we can!!!! Just to say though...............I still miss that tlc, closeness and trust that develops when you share your life with someone special, nothing compares if your lucky enough to meet your soulmate and get it right.  Not found another Mr Right yet and I dont waste time looking either, but Im still hopeful he's out there ......................and one day................well you just never know do you lmao!!  Cynics included!!                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Can we get this thread back on track, it was for blokes to laugh at and agree with not an invitation for tales of woe by the women we escape from!! LOL

*Running for cover*

I'm in the same boat as Ian with my second wife but my first hasn't spoken to me for 20 years, can't understand why lol

babyharley's Profile
babyharley

yep, glad you're running for cover and  I cant think why first wife not spoken for 20 years lmao!? surely not RK you sound such a sensitive, tactful person with this post pmsl!!!  aaawwwww good to hear what others have to say too though surely, life can often be just as funny as jokes...................even more so sometimes!!! Half the battle being able to laugh at yourself and the things you've done that maybe shouldnt have with hindsight!??
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

hindsight is a wonderful thing baby but if we had it, we'd experience nothing lol

and yes i've made lots of mistakes without it too!! LOL

babyharley's Profile
babyharley

oooh I dunno, some of us will just go and do what we gotta do regardless, all part of life's journey and human nature maybe?................kind of makes life more interesting and a sure fire way to learn from past decisions and mistakes though dont you think lol!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Ooh i'm gonna get me cocoa and have a comfy seat! LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

....such a charmer lmao!!!! what a good idea!!!!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

BB harley, you have to make allowances for the male of the speciesSmile i am alone and so totally happy with that!! I do exactly as I please and answer to no one :-). I only want a man for DIY and to mow the lawn LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

*I only want a man for DIY*

Isn't that a contradiction in terms littlechick Wink

pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

I'm a firm believer that there is someone suited for everyone,you just dont always meet them first time and sometimes never at all.  I'm happy to go through life as I am now and not get nagged at for silly things like leaving the bog seat up!    If I meet someone then fair enough but I'm not really looking and i'm not particularly bothered if I dont meet anyone.                                                                                                                                                                             
Roaring Ruby's Profile
Roaring Ruby

In: Cardiff

R knight.....Reply: I can ..I m doing it to mine ..Im on 21yrs, and if ever  ever I get close...................................                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

35 yrs 2 kids amicable divorce some good times during  the marriage but dont regret gettin hitched! live for the moment! and the moments now are good! any guys wanting to meet women and have a good social life and time i recomend taking up dancing ,jive ,salsa, tango whatever, get good at it and your in demand!! age is immaterial!
Roaring Ruby's Profile
Roaring Ruby

In: Cardiff

no regrets at all   we learn thro exp.. BUT i still want to smas........in for what he did to a 2 yr old son that idolised him.. Its called  abandoned.. Could u forgive that? Then again he lost out. his son is now a fine young man.                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

18 years 9 engaged 9 married dunno how i stuck it                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

It's called optimism Dunans either that or fear, you plod along trying your best hoping that maybe tomorrow it will be better. I just wish I had ended my first marriage 5 years earlier than I did but there was always the hope of putting the clock back to when things were good.  I did learn a lot from it and in many ways it made me a better person, I swore I would never do anything so stupid again and that if ever was in the same situation again I would do something about immediately and either "fix" things or get out when it became unbearable. It was a good plan, shame it didn't work cause of course tomorrow will be better...........
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i can complain, i was happy for 18 years, dont getme wrong, we had our moments, but i have full respect for my ex to have the balls to say she was unhappy, we are good friends now, plus so mant people stay together just for the kids, this in my opinion is not good, you both need to be honest to yourselves and the kids.
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

OK , here goes..1st one 18yrs (kids had to finish schooling) 2nd 1,5yrs (wife passed on,i was devastated) 3rd 3,5yrs (both of us married on the rebound and agreed its not working) current 6yrs and still very happy , do most things together ..biking ..camping..fishing traveling , and that was after promising myself never again after the 1st! lol

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7666 seconds. There are 587 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption