your thoughts please

30 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2009 23:32:22 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

people do always get carried away and go off topic but it can usually be turned back in the right direction with a gentle nudge not sure if every country should have seperate heading and questions be answered as and when that way info could easily be found rather than 50 people who have all been to france all making the same recommendations
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Hi Julie,

Why not call it Bikes Abroad, and u open with what info u are lookin for ie: laws, good places, bad places, well an intellegent woman like yourself does'nt need tellin the rest, bearing in mind its just a thought. I will add to it.
julie j's Profile
julie j

good title UKHR, but is it something that you would either use or possibly be able to add to in order to help other members?                                                                                                                                                                             
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

i can add to the topic about my route66 trip                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

yes that would be a good one, lots of born again bikers and newbies get started cos thats their main objective and it would be quite daunting for a first trip, do know people that managed it tho                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Could be worth trying to arange a meeting with people who have traveled to the area you were thinking of going. As You could learn lots from others and save trawaling through lots of posts.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thats a good idea micks, does that include a beer or two...( oops sorry julie, i said i would keep out of this one )                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"i may have to switch my sirens on"   Will you be flashing your headlights as well Julie?   I am sure I could contribute a little to this idea.  Been to a few places as many know and am happy to spend all evening waffling on and on and on and ... well, you get the idea!   Took Roachy to France earlier this year and am hoping to convince her to go to Belgium next year on her own bike.  Maybe this is an opportunity for a newbie overseas trip?                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

Julie, I found the AA web site to be a great source of information about what to carry (emergency equipment), and one of the few places that had the differences between requirements for cars and for bikes (e.g. Headlight deflectors, hi viz vests etc). Also used the "Best Biking Roads" web site, for some recommended rides in the area we went to. There's nothing like personal experience though, e.g. noisy pipes etc. (Bikes, not the people you're with!). A good idea I think. Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Would have to be a wknd meeting for Beer or two Ian. I find pack light and have a well stocked credit card just in case. I like to wing it with only a general idea of were im going so may not suit everyone. They say you need a plan so you know what your going to change.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4219 seconds. There are 628 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption