your thoughts please

30 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2009 23:32:22 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

so what do we all think of having an area of the site dedicated to information for overseas travel? the idea came to me after the response to my thread asking for info on Ireland, next yr i hope to go to France and will be asking again! So what i would like to see is opinions info,dos and donts,question answered and general advice for travellers from people who have been there and done it before. what i def dont want to see is waffle and chit chat and going of topic.Hopefully it would be a resource for dipping into and gathering useful facts so pls give it some thought, maybe you would be able to add to it from experience or maybe you`re a newbie to overseas adventures like me but either way pls voice your opinions so that a decision can be made on how or if it gets put into action.                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Sounds good to me Julie x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

its sounds like a good idea julie, i think the subjects will always go off track, but i am sure you would control that in tru julie j style...                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

also along with your comments please let us know where youve been, just for a rough idea of how much of the globe we`ve got covered between us                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i went to matlock saturday !!!! does that count                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

so should it be edited because if you are looking for info on a certain area then you need to be able to access it quickly and easily and not have to trawl through the waffle                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sorry will stop, was just trying to have a laugh                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

overseas ya numptie! this is a serious question about what you would like so that you can get the most of the collective experience on the site                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

god you`re all so childish! if you dont all sit up straight and pay attention i may have to switch my sirens on!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ok, well i have never been lucky enough to go overseas on my bike, and have not been abroad for over 4 years, so dont worry i wont be filling this one up full of drivel                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

but if you were and who knows you may at some point would you use it, do you think it would be helpful                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i think its a grrrrrrrrreat idea, as you can ask questions etc, roads, accommadation, but will you need diff threads for diff countries, otherwise you will get loads of posts and it could get confusing which location is being spoken about                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I would leave things as they are to be honest..one reason being, its another headache for Matt, the other being it might encourage new posters on the forum if they want advice. Having everything easily accessible wont encourage them to ask questions. And we all know that every thread will go off topic and its more sh*te for the mods to trawl though. Just my two pennorth                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

Lamble[remember him?where is he now!?] started one on world travellers all ended in tears!!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

lol yes i remember him well, but he didnt want to accept that he had caused offence to some people,didnt seem to be able to see the other side of the argument                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

I remember Lamble very well as it was my first time in the forums and some people took offense about the way he was talking to me about opposing steering. He said he'd refuse to ride with me because I obviously didn't know enough about it but he was full of information and it was a shame he left. I think it's a good idea Julie as I'd love to get abroad on my bike but wouldn't know where to start. As long as it was controlled to make finding locations easy it would be a great pool of valuable info and would be constantly added to with new experiences!
Tango, I remember you were the only one to step forward and offered to ride with me, good deeds are never forgotten mate Wink

julie j's Profile
julie j

seem to remember mr.T that youve ridden round spain, how was your 1st overseas trip, did you go alone or did you have someone with you who had done it before?                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

If this "Rough Guide" Idea is to work You'd have to split it down into seperate subjects. Best roads, good places to stay/friendly accomodation, places to visit/avoid, legalities of bike riding in differant parts of the world like what documents and the level of insurance you have to have the items you have to carry in case of a break down. Where best not to go solo too (that I think should be anywhere, small groups riding being a safer option rather than a solo effort). And all these would have to be Subtitled for each country and continent. A rather big task.
julie j's Profile
julie j

you are right hull, it would be a big task and where to start would be a big question but it would be nice to have all of that knowledge from people we know at our finger tips                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Well it'd be quite easy to start a new thread it the right cat :o) it's just the folk who may hijack the thred and take it off subject. May be an Idea to put a date in the thread title that way if you want info on say last years trip to the I.O.M then it'd be I.O.M 2008 for instance and if it's France aug 08 "France 08 08"?? Any new "Rules Regs or Trafic Law" could have it's own Cat and maybe we could have an alert to something impotant like that in the Monthly News Letters???                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 557 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption