The Last Tommy

13 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2009 17:35:46 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

RIP Harry Patch. To whom we ow so much Finally reunited with his comrades                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

hey buddy, sorry for being ignorant, but who is the person your talking about ?...and i am asking in the upmost respect                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

The last surviving squaddy from the first war, saw front line service in the trenches at Ypres and Passchendaele. The last link to an awful but important event.                                                                                                                                                                               
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Yes... agree Prof. RIP Harry x                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

On a tobacco run to Adinkerke a while back,I carried on to Ypres where my grandad was stationed and had a wander round the Menin Gate where I saw something that quite touched me.It was one of those simple little crosses that are sold around Rememberance Day and on it was written in shakey writing  "to Tom from Jim".Just made me think that all those years ago,two young mates went off to war and only one came back and now "Jim" re-visited as an old man to pay his respects to "Tom". If I can find the picture amongst my files,I'll post it on my profile.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

R.I.P to a man that survived the trench's of hell...while so close to home.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yeah he seemd to be happy to the end, RIP I heard an interview with him, about the secret of long life.   He said 'cigarettes & whiskey & if that didnt work, wild women & lots of sex'                                                                                                                                                                                 
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

RIP Harry "Lest we Forget" We as a nation and infact the whole "free" world owe you and your fallen comrades a huge debit that we will never be able to repay you and your fallen comrades apart from endevouring never to allow our world to fall into such a confilct again.
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Respect to the fallen many who have carved the path to our lifes and freedoms                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

RIP Harry Patch   Utmost Respect for you and your comrades...   How different our country may have been if it were not for these brave service men and women.   Lest We forget x                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Thank You Harry - may you Rest in Peace   (and also RIP to my neighbour Harry who passed away on Friday)   Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Rip Harry. The worlds oldest man Henry Allingham also a veteran of ww1 passed away on the 18th July at the age of 113.                                                                                                                                                                                  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

r.i.p....proper bloke and gentleman                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5820 seconds. There are 1030 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption