Sat nav holder

20 Posts | Latest reply on 29/07/2009 22:35:33 by sumodwarf | Go to original / last post
mozie's Profile
mozie

In: Chelmsford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Was just lookin at the new Givi S850...i need a sat nav holder as my tank bag isnt really practical and seems to be loosin its stick!Problem is the Givi isnt in the UK til Sept and i'm away week after next!Anyone got any other ideas or universal holders? Gotta fit a TomTom Go520.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

pm biffo bear, she knows all about sat nav holders, she got a universal waterproof box to mount on the bars off tinternet last yr i`m sure she can give you all the info you need                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Cheers hun...i'll do just that!                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Lol...tried finding her...says user name does not exist. Hey ho.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

ive sent her a message, looks like shes gone but she should still get the email so we will just have to wait and see what happens, its in the forums somewhere, think it was last autumn winter someone must remember,there was a lot of interest                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

this will require a bit of drilling but have a look at  otterbox.com and ram-mount-uk.com. you should be able to fit the tomtom in the otterbox and if you drill a hole in the box you can run power and audio out. the ram mount will attach the otter box to you bike.
mozie's Profile
mozie

Cheers Julie. Pagan...the only one i can find with a clear screen is this one...but it looks as tho my TomTom might fit! Ta.                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Hi Julie please could you publish results on here as i would be interested in trying to mount my tomtom (Sat nav) on my bike too Thanks x                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

i will let you all know if i hear anything. the tom tom worked pretty well for me in a tank bag,couldnt hear it at motorway speeds but slowing down for junctions with volume on full it was good enough to stop me getting lost,see if you can borrow a tank bag moonstone just to try it, if you are not doing speeds where road noise drowns it out and if you can get some power sorted the tom tom works quite well,even if you have to pull over now and then to have a look its better than nothing.The bike ones are very expensive by comparison but much better, prob only need one of those if you are doing lots of long trips on unfamiliar routes
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Agree with Pagan.  Ram mount is pretty good kit and they do a huge array of different sat nav mounts and mounting bits and pieces.   Good quality too.  Mine hasn't moved/corroded/loosened in over 30,000 miles.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

if youre gonna get the givi in sept dont go spending too much dosh mozzie when you say its not over here does that mean you could get one elsewhere?                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Yeah could prob get one from the US i guess...                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

A link to the thread Julie mentioned   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=2588                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Blues found this   ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/t...spx                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

blimey Kwak, well done you i couldnt face looking must have taken you agesClap                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

*Takes a bow* LOL   Julie, nope, it's pretty quick   I used the search facility. In between 'Active Topics' and 'New Topic' the button that says 'Search' (no for once I'm NOT being sarcastic) give it a try. Type in 'sat nav' and it will give you all the threads that have it in. I then just looked for biffo bear's name.   If Biffo hadn't STARTED the thread then yea it probably would have been difficult to find the post.   (I'm a sad git with too much time on me hands, I've also got a headache I've had for 2 days and nowt is shifting it so I'm distracting meself)                                                                                                                                                                                 
julie j's Profile
julie j

aint tetchsnoggoly wonderful! biffo just got in touch, she got her sat nav box from www.ram-mount.com bought through amazon hers is a ram aqua box . hope you get sorted!                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Found it...only thing now is do i buy it direct from Ram US or their uk distributor GPSW or from Amazon (where its cheaper but they dont sell the mount)...hmmm...                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

Get it here... http://www.buybits.com/product/sku_3561.aspx                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay

try touratech,they are a bit dear but good                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 652 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption