Rock and Blues

6 Posts | Latest reply on 26/07/2009 17:36:54 by Puds | Go to original / last post
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just had a report from a mate, you can't bring your own booze onto the site!! you have to buy theirs at £2.00 a tin! They are even checking tents for 'illicit' booze! Vote with your feet next year, peeps! I'm disgusted!! Outlaws?? At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

It does say on their website that you can't bring your own booze and that vehicle searches may be requested.
Bulldog Bash has the same warning on its website too. Of course, you COULD stand your ground and argue the toss, but would you?                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

NABD events have the same rule, of course NABD don't search your tent or overcharge for booze and their bar profits are for a damn good cause.                                                                                                                                                                             
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

'COULD  stand your ground and argue the toss, but would you?' I maybe  daft, but not stupid!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I was at the R&B all weekend. No one searched my tent nor did i see them search anyone elses tent. They did have a quick look in my topbox at the gate. Most of the large shows/rallies have the same rule. they did search tents two years ago but were mainly looking for glass as they use grazing fields. We all know the rules before we go to these events and accept them. I'm sure you've been to nightclubs and not complained about ridiculous prices. Nobody said they were a charitable organization.  My objection was that no cookers or cooking fuel of any kind were allowed on site. That was blamed on fire regs. I have my doubts though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Puds's Profile
Puds

In: .

You could not take camping cookers either,  (no gas bottle of any sort) which meant  you had to buy tea and coffee and cooked food from the stalls.     The number were way down this year,  there were more cars than bikes.  So on the upside, I could get a sit in the beer tent,  get to the loos without having to que for hours, and get to the front to see the bands,  :-).  there is always an upside...   will post pics later,   there were not many bikes in the custom show,  which was a shame.                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 768 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption