Hit and Run - Witnesses Sought

38 Posts | Latest reply on 26/07/2009 12:36:17 by RustyKnight | Go to original / last post
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A pensioner on a mobility scooter knocked down a 90yr old woman in a suspected case of "pavement rage"   The driver of the scooter - a white haired man in his 70's - disappeared before police arrived.   The police in the Isle of Wight have issued an appeal for witnesses to the incident..     This is in today's newspaper, what i want to know is how fast was this scooter going exactly??  Must of been pretty darn fast that nobody could catch him!                                                                                                                                                                                 
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Downhill with the wind behind him should get a fair speed up lololol... those things are sooo dangerous in the wrong hands!                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

I cant believe this one!                                                                                                                                                                              
lezg's Profile
lezg

In: Kings Lynn

These things are dangerous! There are speed limits for using them on pavments and pedestrian areas (think its 4mph) but quite a few of them have higher speed for use on roads. No training, no licence and look at the people using them half of them aint got no brain cells left! Sorry but was run over last week, the old duffer blamed me for not seeing him coming from behind me lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thats just wrong legz, ya should of disconnected his/her battery                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LMAO .. Thanks FG ... am sat here bored in work & its just given the whole team a lift when I read that out LOL     Roll on 10pm ... then 4 days off .. yippeeee !!                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

they dont need any insurance which is a joke, should at very least have an eye test, really they need their own lane and should be fitted with a horn they are a liability. but the users need their mobility and independance,just needs policing a bit,should stop them for random breath tests, and if you need one of these cos of health probs are you likely to be on some sort of medication?
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

By you lot are being a bit harsh on the poor oldies and their only means of gettin about! LOL Most are over 120 years old and you're willing to make them take an eye test! I think i'd be more worried if they weren't on medication! Maybe fitting the scooters with a flashing beacon, yellow and black stripes and a movement beeper would prevent some of the high speed accidents lol                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

My X mother-in-law hired out one of these scooters n took it round cov city centre, it woz a lethal wepon in her hands, she actually lost control of it in the jewellery shop n ran sum poor unsuspectin person ova, she counldnt steer it or control the speed so afta that incident i took the scooter bak n change3d it 4 a manual wheel chair.............sooooooooo much saferLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

So she'll ave arms like popeye now eh drobess, shame on you lol                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

maybe i should trade in the 900 triple on one ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

...but cud u afford to make up the difference?Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

right im getting one                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

XK , did'nt think about that , maybe the old guy they're looking for will do me a swop if we can find him ..lol                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Passing a large mobility scoot on the road I throttled back and rode parallel for a minute as I dint believe the speed the damn thing was doing. According to the GPS it was doing 14 mph.   Theres an old guy who lives near our offices drives one I'll swear is even faster, he is an accident waiting to happen as he drives at full speed on the pavement. Damn great mirrors stuck out at the sides and a Givi topbox on the back, if it had the range it would make an ace rally tool.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

saw one at morrisons trying to enter at the exit , totally against the flow and glaring at everyone in his way with their arms full of shopping , a bit senile i think .                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

At least that was outside excal, their doing 14 mph up the aisles in Tescos. Had a few close shaves with em coming up the rear in the fish aisle, maybe need to get some awareness training for trolley pushing lol                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

but dont ban them , always good for a lift when you're weary lol                                                                                                                                                                             
lezg's Profile
lezg

In: Kings Lynn

lol @ ian. maybe I should have connected the battery somewhere else!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

We have a high percentage of pensioners in my town and quite often get treated to a round of the Twirlie GP on the roads and pavements. It is fantastic to watch!   I saw one overtaking the other a couple of months ago and I swear he lent forward to make the damn thing go faster...   As dangerous as these things are I absolutely defend the right for these pensioners to tear round and cause havoc with them! As soon as I qualify I am getting one - have already contacted Vance & Hines to see if I can get some louder batteries fitted... Evil Smile   *edit* chuckling to myself as I just remembered having to rescue a lady in one as she was crossing the road. She had driven off the pavement and was going nowhere looking all around her wheels. A bracket on the rear of the chair had hooked up on the kerb and her rear wheels were spinning in mid-air... bless!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 543 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption