Yee haa! Passed Module 2! Fully fledged biker now!

102 Posts | Latest reply on 22/07/2009 06:47:25 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
nitro70's Profile
nitro70

In: Huddersfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Bikerchic .. Don`t try to run before you can walk !! Don`t go out and buy a superbike over 600cc .. they are plenty fast enough for a learner .. You`ve only just passed your test .. you need to be able to handle a fast bike before you upgrade to a really fast bike ? .. Plus , the insurance will cripple you .. they don`t take too kindly to new riders on superbikes .. Fazer 600 is plenty fast enough .. or 600 bandit or that type of ilk .. Just some helpful advise .. Hopefully you`ll take it ..                                                                                                                                                                             
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

In: Swindon

I completely agree with Nitro on that, 600 is a good start and will keep you entertained for a few years im sure.   Good luck in your hunt, Bikerchic                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Thanks guys did my DAS training on a Honda CBF600 and it was a bit lame....I would be bored very quickly...just taking my instructors advice get as big as bike as I can handle..anyway Im not rushing into it....got to sell Mini V first to have some dosh to spend on another....been hard not riding all week..but glad in one way as the weather has been not very nice to say the least....
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Get ursell a busa chick with a nitrous kit on, that should keep you entertained for a couple of days Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

PMSL...RK....hey its one of the few sports bikes that fit my stature and frame!!! I sat on one at Squires it was the last model the one before they restricted it....could take it off an on stand and maneouvre it..just dont know if my budget would stretch that far DAMN IT LOL
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

I don't think B C would be happy with a 500cc from what she's been telling us of her riding experience I think she's more than capable of handling a big bike, not just her confidence but her size means that she's capable of handling a bigger bike. In MHO.   The only thing against her is her love of speed,  I can see her getting a fine shortly after she's bought said bike lol                                                                                                                                                                                   
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

Yeah get a busa you only die once, lol                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

At least you die with a smile on your face 2wheel Big smileBig smileBig smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Don't say that 2wf my son has a busa!   (it's on the back patio awaiting an operation to get it well again after son broke it, and he wonders why his mates have nicknamed him 'crash')                                                                                                                                                                             
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

Yes that would be true, how do icbm's cope with tree's??LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

icbm, what's that?                                                                                                                                                                             
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

Sorry Kwak but i cant honestly say DAS to Busa is a good idea, Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

Inter Continental Balistic Missile, ie Busa, ZZr1400 Zx12, you get the idea?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I didn't say B C should get a 'busa! I said I think she could handle a BIGGER bike. It was YOU that said 'get a busa'   Ta for explanation of your abbreviation.                                                                                                                                                                             
nitro70's Profile
nitro70

Modern 600`s are miles quicker than the CBF you took your test on BC .. ZX6R GSXR`s and modern CBR`s as well .. You`ll have miles more fun on a fast , short wheelbase sportsbike .. anyone who thinks you`re ready for a busa or any very big engined bike .. especially with nitrous .. must be on drugs .. Think of the insurance / running costs etc .. tyres , fuel , servicing .. No doubt you`re a strong lass .. but , what if you drop a busa ? it`ll take 3 to lift it up ..
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

Was'nt Me Kwak, was someone else, lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

My son is of a smaller physique to B C and he manages to move the busa around easy enough but have to admit when the bike goes down it takes at least two to get it up again.   B C Bandit's have a great press, a lot of folk recommend them and I've never heard owt bad about them. Personally I prefer the naked ones.                                                                                                                                                                              
nitro70's Profile
nitro70

Why is everyone trying to get BC killed or badly hurt by saying she should get a big big bike ? Surely common sense here ?.. Fact .. She has only just passed her test .. Fact .. the insurance will crucify her .. A good sportsbike .. or bandit type 600cc .. or possibly 750 will be more than sufficient for at least a year .. WHEN she feels confident enough to ride a bigger bike .. THEN and only then should she upgrade .. Stop confusing the lass ..                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Why is everyone trying to get BC killed or badly hurt by saying she should get a big big bike ? Surely common sense here ?..   I'm not trying to get B C killed and I resent you saying so.     I think the insurance is up to her to decide, if she wants to be 'crucified' that's her business, as is the size of bike she chooses.   I wasn't aware she was confused, just spoilt for choice.   As for common sense I'm sure B C wouldn't get a bike she wasn't confident in riding. Give her credit!                                                                                                                                                                                 
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

nitro,

The bike is only as quick as she wants to ride it. My last bike was a Z750 nearly 20 years ago with square tyres and crap brakes. I jumped straight on a 1000cc bike 2 months ago and nursed it for the first couple of weeks as I was shittin me pants but I bought it cos i'm a big lad and anything smaller wouldn't have fit my frame, to be honest I should have got something even bigger! Anyway i'm a hell of a lot better now but still really a learner. The bikes forgiven 2 major mistakes in the first couple of weeks and I doubt anything with smaller balls would have saved my bacon. If she's a big lass (and i'm not saying she is cos her pics small n i've never met her lol) but she needs to feel totally comfortable with what she's handling and if that's a biggun, it's a biggun! Wink

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 1102 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption