Husqvarna SM 125 S - WONT START

105 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2009 17:55:21 by RustyKnight | Go to original / last post
Paul's Profile
Paul

In: Littleborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I can only see a GIANT sponge, standard new one is £13 on wemoto.                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

he gets everywhere!                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Well take it for a run and pull the plug out, it should be a nice light brown/tan colour if the mixtures right. 13 quid isn't bad and you've already done the hard work with the pipe n jets so might as well get the whole system back to standard. As I said before 2 strokes are really temperamental once you start chopping and changing fuel/air/exhaust components, i've had loads of off roaders and spent hours rippin me hair out over poor running!! I think you're probably 13 quid away from a smooth running bike mate Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

LOLLOL Julie you haven't got one of Patrick have you? He's my fave Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

julie j's Profile
julie j

arnt kids clever Approve                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Too smart for us crusties Julie, Patrick always makes me laugh, think he's been modelled on me LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

couldnt poss pick a favourite, and now.........       back to motorcycles!!!!!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Yes poor Paul is tearing his hair out but i'll bet that made him smile too lol Now stop distracting him Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Paul's Profile
Paul

I just drove it home.

I started it and revved it in neutral and it was like crap it kept bogging and not proper revving. Then I put it in 1st and revved it and it was bit better but still a little boggy.

Reckon it's air filter?
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

oy - how many times do i have to tell you... you RIDE bikes and DRIVE cars lol.  Jesus.  Did we go to the same school?  :-P   Anyhow. Could be floats sticking as u say it takes a while to drop down in revs.  Air filter also maybe.   I've no idea tho, im just guessing lol                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I'd check the gigglepin, make sure it's aligned with the flobble valve.   Seriously Paul, if you've done all that work already, you may as well swap the air filter out as RK suggests.  For the sake of an extra £13, put it back to standard and then see how it runs from there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Paul's Profile
Paul

The little tube that connects to the carb with oil in was disconnected :\ It's been soaking my bike in oil and has drained loads of my oil :(

Also the back tyred locked up on me when I accelerated fast like I'd hit it upto 60mph and it'd like lock and skid so I'd have to quickly hold in clutch and it'd keep running...

The bogging isn't there anymore since I reconnected that tube that has OIL in back upto the carb.
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

im really concerned about the wheel locking up, but dont know what could cause it if the clutch helps resolve it                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Gigglevalve ..Flobblepin or was it the other way round ? Geoff ???lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

if it was my brothers bike...i would say get rid to be honest, but i agree with matt the back wheel locking up is a concern                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

back wheel locking up,it siezed up no oil in fuel,pipe goes to autolube pump                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

sumo is absolutely right, the back wheels locking up cos the piston is dry n starting to seize!                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

You should take the head and barrel off and check the piston and bore for scuff marks. If the piston has siezed in the bore (which sounds highly likely from what you say)  it will leave bits of alloy on the surface of the bore and it should be carefully polished off with "fine" wet n dry paper. You will also need to polish the piston skirt to remove the damaged areas to prevent it "picking up" again Approve If you dont, not only will the perfomance be severely reduced but it could seize badly or cause the big end to fail. Either of which could throw you off the bike Disapprove From what you say, I think you are a natural born 2stroke rider Big smile getting the clutch in quick Clap Old hands ride with two fingers over the clutch lever, in anticipation of such an event Geek  (a regular occurence on older "tuned" 2strokes with practice you get a "feel" for the motor and can get the clutch in before it actually nips up) Get it looked at asap Thumbs Up before you damage it anymore Shocked Make sure that you secure the oil feed pipe to the carb feed by either a clip or a piece of locking wire twisted round it Approve Good luck Paul, I think you're doin really well sorting it on your own Clap Keep us posted   Em Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

sounds like you may have serious problems with it paul if emzed is right, what ya gonna do ????                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 748 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption