Husqvarna SM 125 S - WONT START

105 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2009 17:55:21 by RustyKnight | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

all on my van matt....so dont go to any expence...although make sure you have brewing up ingredients in                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Paul   Changing exhaust is easy, presuming the old one comes off easily enough and it sounds like the bike is pretty clean so it should.   Changing jets is of course a carb strip job which sounds intimidating, but is in reality very simple as long as you go carefully, use good quality tools and make a note of exactly what goes where and how.   I'd be tempted to clear some workspace in the garage/shed or whatever for stripping the carb, perhaps even laying down a large sheet of plain white paper so you can see exactly what you're doing.   If you're able to wait until Ian turns up then thats better still of course, but even then I'd prepare things as I've suggested for when he arrives.   Good luck mate and let us all know how things go on.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

lmao at mums junk bucket! my kids would not dare be so disrespectful!                                                                                                                                                                             
Paul's Profile
Paul

In: Littleborough

Exhaust is fitted.

My bike started first time today I was told and it was revved for ages and then stopped and started loads of times and it was acting like nothing was wrong, didn't sound wrong either.

Then was from 3pm > 5:30pm it was left and then I came and tried to kick it and it nearly started but then flooded. took out spark plug and left it for few minutes and put it back in and it ran fine.. drove it up and down.

The problem is really stressfull because it can cut out anywhere.
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Paul,

I know this is totally doing your head in but you really are best trying to forget about it till Ian has a look for you mate. As I said before 2 strokes can be really fussy like women lol

Only joking about the women thing of course!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i agree, like women, hard to fire up, then they cough splutter, stall on ya.....and you never can find the powerband                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Ian you're on thin ice there mate lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

always am buddy.....but i like it lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
Paul's Profile
Paul

Main jet arrived today, just waiting for idle jet to come in stock..

ian you said you think it might be the float sticking but the carb was cleaned.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dont worry paul, just mulling ideas over, hopefully we will get to the bottom of the problem, now you can either wait for me next weekend, or get your friend who serviced the carb to install the jets                                                                                                                                                                             
Paul's Profile
Paul

I'll get him to put the jets in as he knows how to also it shouldn't be hard. Then I'll update you with its status.

HOPEFULLY... the idle jet will arrive before you come.
- He's kind of getting sick of my bike being stuck in his garden.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well all being well it will sort the problem out buddy, keep me posted                                                                                                                                                                             
Paul's Profile
Paul

It started up fine this morning and after at lunch... NO problems..

But it sometimes floods itself? Doesnt make sense. My bike is a attention wh*re she just wants everyone looking at her.

Paul's Profile
Paul

I've just fitted the new jet and it's now running fine but it's a bit lean like a bit boggy sometimes when you rev it to start with.

At least it's not flooding... AS I KNOW OF ATM..

Need to take it for a drive still though.
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Nice one Paul,

As I said in earlier post, check the air filter cos if it's been re-jetted it might have a performance filter on and be taking in a bit too much air causing it to run lean.

Anyway have a scoot out on it n let us know if the flooding problem has gone. Might save you a dozen cups of tea and 4 packets of biscuits if Ian doesn't need to have a look lol
Paul's Profile
Paul

Lmao, the air filter is pain the get on. it's under the 2stroke oil container.

I can can get into it from the side though but can't tell if its a custom one or not.

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Google it to see what an original should look like n if you can see yours and it's different, you may need to change it to get the bike to run spot on!                                                                                                                                                                              
Paul's Profile
Paul

Googled it, doesn't have a picture of the standard air filter :(                                                                                                                                                                              
Paul's Profile
Paul

Just found standard.

YES it does have a custom air filter.

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thought it might Paul, sometimes depending on what type of filter you've got you can buy a wrap around sponge that will gag it a bit but it might be just as cheap to get a standard one off ebay and stick that on. Is the air box still there or does the custom filter do away with it completely? If the airbox is there it will only be a few quid for a filter but if it's missing you'll have to spend a bit more mate. 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 1119 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption