Barnsley Biker killed near Sherburn in Elmet

9 Posts | Latest reply on 07/07/2009 17:53:55 by Hull750Rider | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Published Date: 06 July 2009   A MOTORCYCLIST has been killed after losing control of his bike near Sherburn in Elmet. The 44-year-old, from the Barnsley area, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, on the B1222 about a mile to the east of the Biggin cross roads.He was travelling from Sherburn in Elmet towards Cawood on a Honda 1000 Repsol replica when the fatal accident occurred around 3pm on Sunday, July 5. The bike collided with a tree near a bridge crossing the East Coast Main Line.Police have appealed for witnesses to call TC Paul Stamp at the Tadcaster Road Policing Group on 0845 6060247, quoting incident reference 12090114067. They are particularly keen to hear from anyone who saw a group of bikers in the area, and the driver of a tractor travelling in the opposite direction around the time of the crash.   RIP  Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                                 
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Also just heard from a friend that a 40 yr old woman biker was killed just outside Wick on her way to Wildcat rally, John O'Groats.   On Friday night, 40-year-old Michelle Smith, from Ellon in Aberdeenshire, died after a motorbike accident on the A99 Wick-John O’Groats road in Caithness Her Suzuki, which was travelling north, left the road at the junction leading to Hill of Many Stanes, Mid Clyth, about 7.30pm. And 2 young lads on bikes in seperate incidents.. full article here   http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1293488?U...88?UserKey=      RIP Disapprove     Ride safe everyone, take in account what ianhg1971 has said about the mud on the roads too.   Tek care                                                                                                                                                                               
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

two sad posts Kaz ... Ride safe every one,   RIP Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

amazes me the speed people go in the country![not layin blame on any of the poor people killed as i dont know the circumstances] !] they just dont know whats around that bend !Horses, Tractors[frustrated drivers overtakin em!] ,Mud,loose gritl, slurry,escaped cow bull dead[large carcase!!] or live deer whatever!!used to be a highway code rule limit to 40mph when on the country rds or sommat!!
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

I absolutely agree with Tangoman on this one , on every sunday ride i've had since being here i've noticed guys going hell for leather on these narrow roads , and often in fairly large groups , okay i dont know the roads yet so i'm extra wary also of the conditions and what may be waiting around the next bend , when these guys coming tearing past me i just wonder. R.I.P. the 2 riders who lost their lives.
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Ably illustrated on the ride back from Matlock on Sunday, I was being a little naughty approaching Buxton on the A6 (wooded section where the helicopter cant clock you) and got zapped by 5 sports bikes in a pack travelling a good 40 knots faster than me. Well over the ton on a fairly narrow single lane road two of them drifting well over the double whites on a blind bend.   I dont object to them killing themselves but it's a bit rough on whoever they hit.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

See it pretty much every Sunday Prof!   I like to think I'm a fairly competent rider and I don't hang around.  But I also like to think I travel at a speed safe for the road in question (of course it could be argued don't we all?) and yet I am regularly overtaken by bikes doing easily 30/40mph more than me.   Idiots.   My issue with them wrapping their bike around a tree and killing themselves, even if no one else is involved, is there are substantial costs associated with this.   There is a financial cost with emergency services, repairing the road and so on and there is a political cost in that every rider who kills himself on our roads offers the anti-bike lobby further evidence.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Sad to see these posts, but as we all know can happen to any of us at any speed. Stay safe all x                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I'm with TM unfortunately I had the occasion to just feel cold inside when I came accross 3 power rangers sports bike jokeys at Finbar on way home from they were quick to take the piss out on me and my trailer saying bet that'll tip up at speed (no actually I cannot leagaly get to a speed where my trailer that I designed and loaded could possably tip over grrrrrr) if I miss judged a corner I suppose it could flip if the inner wheel clipped a curb but even then due to lower speed and low ctr of gravity it is more likely would just get to the furthest point ball against hitch and return to two wheels, they then goaded me asking how fast had i been with my combi. Told em straight I'd tested the trailer on an airfield to the max speed of the bike but the tyres are only rated a max of 80mph being only 4 ply but the trailer followed me where ever I went and what ever speed I went! They were bragging that they went a lot faster on the road and that they'd never get caught because they were too fast for cops and the copter was too expencive to follow all bikers. F------ idiots like them make my blood boil 1st then turn cold they will not only kill themselves it's other road users and the image of ALL bikers they sully, they even said they'd put in a false call to say that there was a boat in danger in the Humber/North sea to get the chopper up away from their play ground. Joking apart even the suggestion of that was were I made my excuses and went home............

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 567 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption