tyre pressure help

17 Posts | Latest reply on 05/07/2009 22:00:51 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
caz36's Profile
caz36

In: ripon
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

after unsucessfully looking everywhere for a maintence manual for 125 marauder, does anyone know what my tyre pressure should be as have done 400 miles now and they really need checking.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Caz - is it not printed on the bike somewhere? mine's on me chain guard.                                                                                                                                                                             
caz36's Profile
caz36

no have looked everywhere and cant find it, u watch at squires next week it will be 1st thing geoff or emzed find lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

LOL yeah probably !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Found this for you Cas on net  ... hope it helps   As always, correct pressure depends on the tyre fitted but if it is running with the standard tyres that it had fitted from new then:Single rider: Front is 1.75 bar (25 PSI) Rear 2.0 (29 PSI) Fully loaded (Panniers and or pillion passenger) Front 2.0 bar (29 PSI) Rear 2.25 bar (32 PSI)These settings from the book for a 2006 model, though I imagine that they apply to all with very little if any variation                                                                                                                                                                              
caz36's Profile
caz36

thanks can go out to play now, just didnt want to risk itThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Dunno what year yours is but found this on ebay for you too ... hehehehe   item num 350160203627                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

its always on the side wall of your tyres too                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

Isn't that Max PSI that's on the tyre wall Ian? Fairly sure "running pressures" depend on the application, load, etc... Don't want people trying to run round on 80PSI!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

hey caz it eas written on the wall of your tyre, i showed it to ya at emz tuther week!! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

She might have ben marginally squiffy when you told her Deb Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

No.  Ian is right, the pressure on the sidewalls of tyres is the maximum load/safe pressure.  Owt more and it could pop off the wheel.   However, this pressure could make it far too hard for safe riding and the profile would be all wrong.   For example the tyres on my bike should be 36psi front/42psi rear.  However, the maximum load/safe pressure markings state 42psi for the rear, which is correct, but 42psi also for the front.  Running my front at 42psi would feel awful and would reduce the amount of braking grip that I had.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i will shut up then                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

somehow I doubt that                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Oh I don't know Prof, nick one of his chips and he's pretty speechless for a few seconds lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
caz36's Profile
caz36

was told on cbt not to go by wat tyre says, thanks for input s-v shell has found me a maunal ont internet so hopefully shud be ok nowThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Glad i could be of help Caz Thumbs Up   He is a real quick poster too, have had stuff off him before.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6445 seconds. There are 668 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption