If you could bring a bike back

31 Posts | Latest reply on 02/07/2009 18:49:55 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

right guys and gals, if you could bring a bike back into production, what would you bring back and why ??? think i would love to see the yamaha rd 350 lc back, or the suzuki GT380 TRIPLE                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Did not say why?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

just loved the bikes, my dad had a gt380 triple with a three into one custom made exhaust, the sound was like a rotary norton, just awesome, but would have to make some changes, maybe not drum brakes lol, and the rd350 lc.....power band...need i say more                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

No contest Big smile   BSA Rocket 3  Thumbs Up   Last great bike by BSA Only other bike would be Norton Rotary Thumbs Up  lovely noise Big smile     tried to edit 1st post no go Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Laverda Jota (180 degree model)   awesome bike even if I did need platform sole boots to get my feet on the floor and a visit to a chiropractor after a long ride.    Basically it was a stunningly fast and beautifully handling (for the time) plank with virtually no suspension movement but fun and as tough as old boots.   Never had a Rocket 3 or a Trident but always wanted one, I seem to have a bit of a thing for 3 cylinders.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

my dad is 67 prof and he still goes on about the laverda jota,                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Triumph Bonneville (for the American market)   cos I loved riding pillion and loved the look, plus I was in love with the guy who owned it,  I was only 17 at the time Embarrassed   The bike museum had one on show but I've not been back since the fire so don't know if it survived                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Benelli Sei

Also tried to buy a BMW 90S yesterday...California Sun model, the guy wouldn't sell at any price (well not one I could afford anyway).

250 Aprilia
Moto Guzzi 850 Le Mans

bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Original Triumph Bonneville..like Kwak..one of the my most favourite bikes I have had pleasure being pilly on! The very lovely limited edition Kwak Z750 all chrome (my best mate Mark....had one and took me everywhere on it! had lots of lovely times biking when I was younger!)
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

There was a beutifully turned out (Orange so std then) Laverda Jota at the Hull collage bike night and even with Harley customs of a stand all their own this bike had many more people look at it! Younger lads even were almost drooling over it's lines and they were amazed to see a 3 cyl four stroke "that old" lol. They only thought Triumph of new were 3 cyl or Kettles and KH's strokers Oh the innocence of youth.                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

I'd love to see some of the old skool race reps make a comeback, kenny roberts RD250's and the KH250 equivalent   A mate at collage had a KH with a 3 into 1 power pipe he lived over a mile from collage and you heard him start it up (no exaggeration lol) sounded amazing totally illegal of course but still a youthful memory that'll stay with me.   I'd still like an XL250s again ok no where near the classics you lot have had but as my 1st proper bike still have very fond memories, of that and it allowed me to go anywhere with the 1st G/f too lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

As posted elsewhere a while ago, I'd love to "have a go", if not own a KH triple... any of them... Lethal round corners, and the seize if not looked after, but wow! Bike club I was in (age 13!) a young mad had one, and I recall many happy hours on run outs being pillion on my brothers Superdream, chasing this KH250 round the cheshire countryside. LOL - feeling old now!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

IF THERE WASN'T ALREADY 12 POSTS IN THIS TOPIC THEN I WOULD HAVE DELETED IT FOR HAVING CAPS IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!! NOT GOOD IS IT?   Grrrr, sick of telling people NOT TO USE CAPS IN SUBJECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

Shhhhh..... LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Hey what you mean FEEL old Mr P LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

You're only as OLD as the woman you feel Mr P                                          LOL             now, now Shell Shocked you dont HAVE to be grumpy Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

KH's, LC's & RD's flippin 'eck you lot..  take ya brains out and twist the throttle...   I'm goin for the Suzuki GS550                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

so sorry matt, i dont post as many as you, it wont happen again oh mighty one                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt I understand your annoyance but surely it would be friendlier if you contacted the author via a PM rather than givin them a rollockin, or making  comments, in the forum?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i feel so small and verbally abused now...going home to sulk lmao                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2031 seconds. There are 1253 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption