Just passed Module 1

30 Posts | Latest reply on 30/06/2009 20:56:29 by prof | Go to original / last post
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thank you to celebrate I took Mini V out for a solitary ride out just us two....it was lovely tonight...blooming ankle is screaming with pain now...so Ive done enough! Funny I dont feel it til I get off Mini V!!!

Shell hunny xxx I know you jest..but there is SOME truth in what you say! PMSL!

You and Janet definitely are next in line!

Thank you everyone..!!!
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

See? I told ya it was WHEN and not IF   Well done that lass Cool                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

well done Rose.a step at a timeHug                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Clap   Well done Big smile   Em Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Well Done Rose Thumbs Up You're doing really well!  You have a come a long way.   I'm seriously thinking of going for my test, I just need to save up! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Go for it Kaz..the hype about it all is unfounded..my instructor took me through each element stage by stage and made me do it perfect before moving on and then linking each element together...the whole thing is no more than 25mins tops in the test...and the examiners explain every stage to you as you go along anyway...NO WORRIES...

Jansky and Shell have booked their DAS training and tests...

Module 2 booked along with a days DAS training...going to enjoy that bit....a ride out all day with a good instructor on a decent bike!!!!

Shame you girls dont live round here cos Tony is so patient...and explains everything so clearly..he even shows you himself what he wants from you...

You can do Module 1 and 2 in about 3 days DAS training honestly....Ive had less than one day for Module 1 and like I said 1 day DAS booked for Module 2...just keep on getting out on Ziggy..that daily riding gives you confidence....try and NOT do it on a 125 because believe me the 500 and 600 bikes are much easier to ride at slower speeds...got more power and control...just keep revs high and clutch slipped....You can literally keep the bike upright without putting your feet down...I know for a fact I cannot do that on my 125!!!!!! Near damn it but not quite...

So book it for later in year and it will make you save up for it Kaz!

GO FOR IT HUNNY xxxx we are getting a little gang of female bikers going now....
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

That's not a lot of training Rose, DAS or otherwise so that's testiment to how having your own 125 to get the miles in works.   I agree with Rose, I found riding at slow speeds much easier on my 600 but not a u-turn but I believe this is down to the riding position and I doubt you'd be taking your test on a sports bike.   There is one thing I think you are forgetting though when it comes to ladies like Kaz, Stella, Nina, Lin etc - height/strength. These girls are on tiptoes on a 125...Stella sat on my bike and if I remember rightly, didn't reach the floor at all or only just on one foot. She'd have to lean the bike quite a bit to get one foot down and I doubt has the strength to hold the bike at the angle needed. Nina told me recently she can't pick a 600 up off its side stand. There is no way even now I could push a 500/600 bike backwards so I've failed the DAS test before I even get on the bike and ride but maybe that's just me - I am the worlds weakest woman after all!   In my experience, not having both your feet firmly planted robs you of a huge amount of confidence and for me, that's what stops me managing a u-turn or pulling out of junctions smoothly and confidently. I'm scared if it does goes t*ts up, I don't have the strength to save the bike.   I'm 5:4 which is fairly average height but I have weak legs/knees, the left in particular which for many years I didn't have full use of and still don't although it's the best it's ever been now.   Just my thoughts and another perspective on things as no disrespect Rose, but you are a very tall lass and a 500 probably feels the same to you as a 125 does to nearly everyone else! LOL   And just for a bit of balance (although it's a guy so strength is likely to be on his side) I was totally in awe of Sumo on Sat. I hope he won't mind me saying but he's not the tallest member we have on BM yet he rode a ruddy huge BMW GS1200 that I swear, at its highest was as tall as he is and he rode it like a pro! Clap   Well done again Rose. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

nice post rach, well done again to bc, just dont rush into buying something too big too soon, i know you will be itching too, but perhaps a 750 would be big enough, we have that gsx750f sports tourer which will be cheap and ideal to start with, it will be available from august, so if ya can wait till then you could try it out, i know it does 145 mph ( says so in the book lmao)with plenty of bottom end torque, just a offer if ya can wait that long
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

Thanks Rach and Ian...

I appreciate what you are saying Rach..but my sister is of even less height than that of the lovely ladies in question..she rides a 798 ducatti and gixer....she cant put her feet down most places.she has to sit side saddle or put a foot down on the edge of the curb..she is brilliant at being able to keep revs up and holding bike completely upright at traffic lights...my instructors wife Debs is the same on her Ninja....but she is the most awesome rider Ive followed in traffic..she is so smooth and is able to balance so perfectly..she hardly ever has to put her tip toes down...think its down to personal preference and confidence...but once any bike is moving its easier to maneouvre...

Thanks for the support...I just want to give all the ladies a boost of confidence....the test isnt as bad as they made out...

Ian, dont worry I will test ride bikes to see which model I prefer and suits me...Im not looking at the cc..more the size, weight and handling of a bike..most sports bikes are way way too small in the sense of frame size irrespective of cc....I find it very difficult to crane my head up to see from the low dropped down riding position of this type of bike hence i am looking at a sports tourer..more upright...larger frame size....the practicality due to having panniers etc etc...

Ive been around bikes far far too long to make a rash and stupid judgement..even my Instructor thinks the type of bike Im looking at is ideal..particular the 1100 pan european...the slightly smaller version of his and Paj's...he suggested a pan because of my size, my strength and personal needs...

I must admit I am lucky to have the advantage of height on a bike..but in real life this sucks!
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Motorbike and practical - two words that rarely travel together, I always mean to buy practical bikes and rehearse the reasons why they would be sensible, then I weaken and go buy something fun.   I have been practical once, I bought a nearly new FJ1200 many years ago, all a matter of timing I suppose, the FJ was a sportsbike until the Blade came along and changed the rules.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 1043 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption