Animal rights

48 Posts | Latest reply on 01/07/2009 23:02:17 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blog/talking_politics/article/...cle/42808/    Well said!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

You agree that we, because we are human are more important than animals TM??? is that what's "well said"? And you agree that they should be slaughtered in any way, humane or not???                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I think the artical more leans toward the survival of humans at any cost but the main point is that most animals killed these days are a crop grown for 1 purpose to feed us and to an extent other animals also. To argue we should not kill to eat is madness, the animals killed for food on farms would not even be here if they were not grown for the 1 thing they are here for (to feed us)   The writer does pay lip service to as we have to kill animals for food it should be done as humainly as possable, there is proof that animals who've had a stress free life actually taste better due to lack of adrenaline in their meat/by products. So that said it's not only in the animals best interest to kill quick and humainly it's in ours too.   Sorry but I am a meat eater and if that shortens my life because the human body was designed to eat leafs and nuts and berrys then so be it, we are a race of omnivours and our choice it to eat what we or our conciance allows.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

i thought it was a interesting article,the main point being our rights come before animals,who would you put first your dog or your kids simple as that!! apart from the  Darwin award winner's who drown tryin to save wretched dogs in rough water leaving orphans on the riverbanks or beaches !
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

"Darwin award winner's who drown tryin to save wretched dogs in rough water leaving orphans on the riverbanks or beaches ! "   Now THAT I do agree with Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I am a meat eater and certainly wouldn't save an animal's life if a childs life needed saving first, but surely it is up to us to kill animals in an humane painless way? They do feel pain and just because they are not human,have we the right to inflict unecessary pain, animals are just different and I wouldn't say they are "less intelligent" Define intelligence??
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Clap   Too true lady Approve     (We have special teeth for meat, "evolved" for it)   But its not neccesary to be cruel Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

that brings us on to the cruel way some animals are killed in the name of religion , blessed meat etc !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

I agree with most said above...I love meat..but I do care about how the animals are reared and how they are treated...I do care that they are humanly destroyed..without any pain...whatsoever!

If pushed of course I would put my children before an animal...its my natural instinct to protect my own...

Ian I cant agree with you more..but we have to be politically correct and respect the different religious beliefs of others whether right or wrong....
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

but if in this country why not eat the meat thats slaughtered our way instead of killing them barbarically                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

In the "civilized" part of africa where i've just come from the bull (beast) is slaughtered with an spear or assegaai while the men are dancing and the woman ululating , this happens in urban suburbs , in the country areas its traditional for some tribal boys entering manhood to kill the beast barehanded , its horrific and happens frequantly in the name of culture and traditions , the appeasing of the forefathers...for good luck...for evading justice...marital feast...a wake , there are ongoing battles being waged by the SPCA ...which is regarded as a joke and laughed off. i agree some practices are extremely cruel but it wont be stopped.
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Oooh meat!  Pork, beef, ham, chicken yum yum!                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

careful geof or i'll have to have a private word about you havin a pop  at vegetarian's!!there a sensitive bunch!                                                                                                                                                                              
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

I also am a meat eater, but I will only eat an animal that I would be prepared to kill personally, should the need arise................(being a farmer, I have despatched and butchered a fair few in my time).............therefore I will not eat veal, nor pate de fois gras......the methods of obtaining such meat are cruel and unnecessary when there is other food available. 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Animal rights?

Yeah! Right on!

Not all newts get pissed!

About time we humans stopped stereotyping the poor wee beasties!

excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

TM i was a vegetarian for a few months , did'nt even think about meat ! then i was taken off the bottle. lol                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

can rats run up drainpipes?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i see ya point exc, but we aint in africa !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Tango I shall never forgive you as you have forced me to agree with Littlechick!!  Well partly, it's bad enough the conditions in which many meat animals are raised I see no reason to compound it by killing them in anything other than a humane manner.    As to intelligence that's a bit more debatable, pigs are damn smart critters but unfortunately for them they just taste so good. I suppose the ultimate test of intelligence is that we raise and eat pigs rather than the other way round.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

careful prof this could be the start of something new!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0928 seconds. There are 795 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption