Unbelievable speeding ticket

48 Posts | Latest reply on 24/06/2009 16:07:51 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

not even worth contesting the accuracy of the equipment , i've just paid 35-00 quid for a parking offence which is actually 70-00 , and this for less than 2 hrs overstaying my welcome .                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Okay, this seems definitive, however, if you drive or ride at an indicated 10% +2mph, you are in fact using up the 10% leeway that might have been taken into account which would have acted in your favour, so you will be more than 10% +2 over.
And as pointed out, there are other factors taken into account over and above the speed recorded.

Q: What are the ACPO guidelines for speeding prosecutions?

A: These guidelines set out the minimum figures at which a Fixed Penalty Notice and a Court Summons would normally be considered appropriate for a speeding offence, if there are no other aggravating circumstances. The minimum figure for a FPN is the posted limit + 10% + 2 mph. These figures are shown in the table below:

The ACPO Speed Enforcement Guidelines
Speed Limit (mph) Fixed Penalty Summons
20 25 35
30 35 50
40 46 66
50 57 76
60 68 86
70 79 96
The full details can be found on the ACPO website.

Bear in mind that exceeding a speed limit by any amount whatsoever is an absolute offence, and a police officer is fully entitled to charge a driver for doing, say, 31 in a 30 limit outside a school at closing time, or in a busy High Street.

However, since a speed camera or Talivan is unable to make any judgment as to aggravating circumstances, automated FPNs issued by these means should not normally fall below the Fixed Penalty level set by the formula. In the past, many Gatsos had thresholds set much higher - in the Metropolitan Police area they were originally set at 43 mph in 30 limits - but in recent years most have been brought down to the minimum ACPO figures. However, I have yet to see a case where someone has received an FPN from a camera or Talivan for a speed below these guidelines - although obviously this can be done by a police officer in person.

But at the end of the day...all this info for a 16 euro fine and no points seems to be excessive. I'd have had you shot, or hung, at least.
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

lmao 16 euros per km over speed limit & no points ... I think CW wishes it was that over here lol                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

WTF is he moaning about!!16 fn euros an no points!! !cough up an smile yu expat miser!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

WTF is he moaning about!!16 fn euro's !cough up an smile yu expat miser!!   PML ditto what Tango said LOL    "You took the words right outa my mouth"                                                                                                                                                                              
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

TM - you do have a special way with words! Heart LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

But we did get a lot of useful info for Matt,s 16 Euro,s...now pay up!  I can sense a 16 euro debit in my paypal a/c is on the cardsLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Any sympathy I had went out the window when our Lord and Master admitted he was driving a car! Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

haha well i had 2 passengers and their luggage to take to the airport, so no choice really... can hardly fit them all on a blackbird lol.   I know it's 16 euros, and all paid for.  But Holland really is bad.  I got a 75 euro parking ticket even when I had paid to park in the damn car park!  I wrote to the council demanding they cancel it (with a photocopy of my parking ticket and fine) and they said NO because I could have got the ticket from someone else!!!  Yet they have no proof it wasn't displayed at the time.  Every car in the car park had a parking fine, even though all had paid to park. And they get away with that crap over here!  The councils are a law unto themselves                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

haha well i had 2 passengers and their luggage to take to the airport, so no choice really... can hardly fit them all on a blackbird lol.   I'm sure you could have found a way to improvise if you'd really wanted to! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML Roachy you're a hard task mistress! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

where you gonna go nxt now that your pi..ed off with Holland? we dont want yu back here!!!LOL [well DC will have yu i know!!]                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

nah i still love it here.  You don't get parties like Defqon1 in the UK!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Deaf Con?                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

fraid i'm gonedef 2                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Maybe it's yur age darlin' Wink    I've been hard of hearing since childhood                                                                                                                                                                              
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

ay?? Wot??LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

So whats the fine for 5 cameras on the Amsterdam ring road at 200 KMH Matt                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Matt....they just dont understand eh?  Defqon 1 and Qbase ?!?  I know some people who are just soooooo jealous!!    Almost makes the speeding etc ... seem.. trivial.. i said ALMOST!!  lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

This sounds to me like a job for the Tuf Tuf Club. This was featured in Jeremy Clarkson's series about our European neighbours a few years ago and the Netherlands' answer to Captain Gatso.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9531 seconds. There are 521 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption