I have had a good idea ?? what ya reckon folks

24 Posts | Latest reply on 23/06/2009 09:17:59 by Hull750Rider | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Walking round matlock bath today looking at different bikes etc, and i had a good idea, well i think it is, why doesnt biker match create a small sticker/transfer that we could stick on the bottom of our number plates or somewhere on the bikes then a; it would attrract new bikers to ask what the site is, and b; biker match members would know there are other bm members in the area, we could even get them made reflective ?? what ya reckon matt  
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

A similar discussion was had when I mentioned club t shirts /hoodies, don't think some folk, myself included, are keen to have anything with biker MATCH on it, cos of the obvious reference to dating.   Matt has already shelled out a considerable amount of money in advertising so probably not going to happen in the near future.   Your idea is a good one Ian but probably better if B M and not Biker Match, or maybe Matt's Mates (oo that sounds like condoms lol)or summat so folk know what club it is.     What do others think?                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

bm in some kind of bike design, maybe bm in a bike wheel .....surrounded by flames...think i need to watch ghost rider again                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

If I was going to put a sticker on the bike then I would do Matt the courtesy of a full BM sticker.  He puts a lot of time, effort and money into this site and I think as site users we should stay loyal to him, and to do anything else like an abbrieviated sticker is actually quite disrespectful to him.   Bikermatch is more than just a dating site now anyhow.    The other way to look at it is, if I was single and looking, I wouldnt mind all the foxy single bikers knowing it either Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

I think a sticker would be a good idea, would be nice to spot them on bikes at shows etc Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

the abbreviation was not a disrepectful thing frags, i was just replying from someone saying they would not know want everyone knowing they use a dating site, i just think its a good idea so we can see when members are around at shows meets etc                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

Could use sticker to cover up dealer name on bottom of number plate Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

thats where i thought fj                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Ian, I didnt mean it to suggest that you were being disrespectful, I appreciate you were offering a possible solution to another members comments.  I was just expressing my opinion on the matter of abreviated or other distinctive stickers being used instead of the bikermatch web address. With the amount of people who meet online now, it is nothing to be ashamed of that you are one a dating site.  I am on other bike forums and they are real meat markets, even tho they claim to be social sites not dating sites, (I hate to think what would happen if a STD got loose LOL) this one is a lot more respectable so I would prefer a Bikermatch sticker to any other Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

me too, is it a dating site too lol ?                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

it would be gud 2 av sum fing that we could identify each other by cos sumtimes peeps look so diffferent 2 theit profile pik or there pik is not clear or is small so u cant see their faces clearly,i av ad lots of bm peeps come up2 me n say hi drobess n ive given them a blank look cos i aint known who they r, or is that cos i av a bad memory 4 faces ...........lol
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

As the logo says-a social site by bikers for bikers-therefor a site for social activities,chat,meets,etc. Peeps see it on enough bikes & it may draw the curious to check out & maybe join, don,t think Matt would have a problem with that.The logo at the top left of the pages would be ideal for a number plate sticker & as Ian says a good recognition point between us.
crowcat's Profile
crowcat

In: chesterfield

box of swan style sticker mabee p.s.ghost riders naff ian                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

why not include the web address , it need'nt be glaring just visible enough to note ?                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I would be quite happy to use a stick and be proud to show it poff. I dont think Initials would be insulting to Matt the site or anyone else and I think we would get a few more members when we explain its not just a biking date site its actually a social site too. It sure would be a better way to recognise people meeting up as I am always looking around wandering if i am looking at the right crowd at these meets. I would be willing to buy a sticker too so it wont cost the site or Matt anything. Thumbs up and a great idea me finks Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley

maybe if sticker for covering dealer up on number plate can be long enuff with site addy too ?????                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yeah we mentioned that earlier on , great minds hey nina ??                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

On a similar note, whilst waiting at Squires to go to the Farmyard on Friday, I was reading the banner signs tied to the fence. There were a number of biker sites advertised, some of them dating, some of them not. There must be 1000's of bikers going to Squires per week, and for the price of a banner (with permission from Squires management), it seems a perfect way to target a captive audience. Any thoughts...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

seems like we both have had good ideas ian, well i am sure within the site we must have someone who works within a sign company, that could do the site a good price etc, anyway come on matt we need your comments on this one                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Sorry, was working today (unfortunately... my weekend head didn't approve at all of getting up at 6am lol).   Ok last time i looked into this I found it difficult to source a printing company that would make stickers suitable for purpose.  i.e. That are waterproof AND don't damage paintwork.  Bikes can end up with fading around where the sticker was, while not under the sticker... so overtime you get a clear mark that there was a sticker there.  I want a printing company who can offer a guarentee in writing that this wont happen (So that anyone who makes a claim against me for paintwork, i can pass the claim onto the printing company).   If anyone can find a company who can print such stickers, maybe some with a clear background also, and can give a guarentee then I'd really appreciate it.  I tried hard to find a place without success, and it's more difficult for me now being in Holland as every phone call is international (therefore will cost a bomb).   Does anyone here work for a printing company?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 981 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption