explaining the 'Nod'

9 Posts | Latest reply on 17/06/2009 18:03:54 by Matt | Go to original / last post
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

When 1st joining and subsequently subscribing to Bikermatch i interpreted the Nod incorrectly , i thought that by nodding a member i was agreeing with a like minded biker and approving a comment he/she had posted . In turn in the beginning i handed out a lot of nod's and received a couple as well , it eventually dawned on me that a Nod meant something else entirely. ie: (contact me i am interested in you .) i thought i'd mention this as i did'nt mean to seem brash and forward when joining...i wanted to meet new friends before returning to the UK.
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Come on fess up it was just a ploy to boost your Karma!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

FWIW Billy, I took your nod to be just that, a friendly biker's nod Big smile

This was the whole point of changing it from a wink to a nod, so that folk just looking to make friends could acknowledge each other...

It does serve a dual purpose, as it can still be used as a "wink" and an "I'm interested in you" signal, but as soon as you get chatting, it's fairly obvious which meaning was intended Big smile

I don't think you have any cause for concern however, Billy - you've not been brash at all - and it seems your plan to get to know a few folk before returning to the UK has worked a treat Big smile

nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley

when i first joined it was a wink .......   i presummed a nod was like on the road an hi or hello type of affair                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I also presummed a nod was like on the road a hi or hello type thing, mainly as I get quite a few nods & my profile clearly states that I am in a relationship & that am only looking for new friends (lots of which I have found, you know who you are) Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

i also took the nod to be a simply HI, like on the road. if there was anything more to it u'd find out in a pm..wunt ya!!                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Hi prof,the karma seems to be quite static ..lol..i thought that clearing this up might help newbies that are as ignorant as i was to the meaning of 'nods' it clearly states that i'm married and seeking friends both male and female on my profile , the other site i failed to notice is the 'Newbies' say hi here ...i kind of dived in with out even intro'ing myself ...aah well , one's never too old to learn .
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Nothing wrong with diving straight in Billy - the noobs thread makes it easier for folk who are on the shy side to say hello, but if you're happy to leap in, then just go for it! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yep definitely - just jump in.  There are a few people who commented in the past that the site feels "Clicky" and so i created a forum dedicated for them to give a little shout out and say "hey Im here, please welcome me".   What's even better... if when regular members send a PM welcoming a new member to the site.  You can always find the latest profile by looking at the homepage under Statistics.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 1187 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption