World Travellers?

109 Posts | Latest reply on 04/07/2009 04:07:42 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Any of you take international riding trips?

Got any planned?                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Had 3 weeks in Rajasthan earlier this year, time permitting heading for northern Italy in Spetember.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Did you ride to Rajasthan, or is it possible to hire a bike there. And what bike, the speed triple?

Any recommendations?                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Describe "international".   Done many trips to western europe, but none further than that.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Geoff,

did you feel international when you left the UK, as if you were in a different nation?
I'd guess that would be it, inter...nation...al.

So where in Europe?
On what?
Any tales or tips?

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Describe "international".

Don't you need a passport to go north of the Watford Gap? That's gotta be international.

*legs it pronto* --------------> LOL

Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Oooh Lou - don't be starting up the North/South divide again!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As long as you carry a dog that's chipped I think you can go almost anywhere!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

ROFL! Carry a dog? No way - I'm not getting one of them handbag dogs! They're just stupid! LOL

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Next time I visit Liverpool though, I'm planning to arrive NOT on a footie day... I thought the huge Police welcoming committee at Lime St was a tad over the top for one single soft southern lass visiting a few mates! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In the US they have Doggles...biker goggles for dogs on Harleys. I have a great picture of one I met up with. The guy riding the Hog seemed very friendly too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

My Mum refused to let me buy her Westie a pair of Doggles... they're pretty cool so far as dog accessories go Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'd like to see someone after trying to get a pair on a cat! They'd look like they'd been through a shredder. You'd need a six inch nail to keep them on the feline too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

KevfromKeent was talking about doing the Indian subcontinent on CG125s some day. Sounds like a craic to me - and hey! I could even join in on that one Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

You're more than welcome to try out your theory on my mog Tyson Big smile

*ponders whether to warn noobie that local vet nurse refuses to go anywhere near said mog after the last time he was in*

*nah... I'll keep that quiet*

geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"So where in Europe?On what?Any tales or tips?"   Where?  Ireland, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Austria and Switzerland over the course of probably ten to fifteen trips and twenty years.   On what?  VFR750, VTR1000 and CB1300s.   Any tales or tips?  More tales than I have time for.  As for tips, get a sat nav but carry maps as well, take a phrase book, carry at least one bottle of water ideally two, stop for fuel more often than you need to especially on Sundays, carry a spare pair of gloves for when your's get wet through and don't travel into Switzerland with an exhaust with no db eater!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Ooooh Lou, you're vicious! *more than the cat by the sounds of it!* LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Geoff,

So fav's and next trip?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Spain. Paradors are great.
Land Santander, ride to Burgos, Monastir del Piedra, Monastery of the Waterfalls...book in in advance, you will be very pleased. Burgos itself is worth a visit for a post brekkie coffee and to fuel up, then back on the road.
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Lambie, it was a hired bike a 500 Enfield Bullet, lots of rental outfits in Karol Bagh the bike bazaar in Delhi. If you fancy a long trip you can buy a Bullet in reasonable order for around £3-400 and sell it when you leave.   Apparently I was ripped off paying £40 a week for a rental. Fuel is around half the UK cost, hotels if you are not picky from £2.50 a night, I stayed in a castle bastion in Jaisalmer in an Arabian Nights fantasy room for £15.  Decent meal in a roadside Dhaba (truck stop) around a quid, upmarket air conditioned restaraunt with tablecloths and silverware £4-5   Where else do you get to filter through a procession of temple elephants and then swerve round a camel?    Indian trafic is insane and a bit intimidating till you get into the swing of it, no rules except might is right, wrong way round roundabouts, wrong way on dual carriageways, in cities traffic lights are amusing decorations that nobody pays attention to, no MOT so lots of vehicles with no brakes/bits hanging off/bald tyres etc.  6 people on a bike plus luggage, 3 ton trucks with a hundred people clinging to the sides, scooter rickshaws with 10ft wide loads, if you can imagine it some Indian is doing it.   Absolutely brilliant fun but not for the nervous.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 565 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption