Not Again

10 Posts | Latest reply on 15/06/2009 08:50:38 by nina | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've managed to Blow/sieze/destroy/f**k another engine on baby. The first time i did this it was suggested i was riding her too hard,which i thought was cobblers.However,the first time i was on the A90,pushing her on and yesterday i was on the A1,again pushing her a bit,70ish.Has anyone heard of this?is it possible to ride a bike too hard?opinions pleaseUnhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

it's not a 125 you need lass! lol get your test passed and get yourself a bigger engine that can hack the pace                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

heck girl I heard of wearing a fella out but a bike ????   Hope you get something sorted, I just got a lil skyjet chinese import till I pass my test, I love it, have pics on profile so smooth to ride                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

nice lookin bike sv                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Awwww Cassie - gutted for you. I don't know if you can ride a bike too hard, I guess if you're over revving it you can but if you're doing your 70mph without doing that... no idea.   When I stopped using the CG I was at the point where I was riding it flat out almost everywhere. We did feel it probably wasn't the best thing for the engine, it seemed to sit happier at 50/60.                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Mechanical failure - the nut behind the throttle!!   The little Honda 125s were renowned for poor oiling, there isn't enough sump capacity and I doubt the Chinese copies improve on the originals.  There is a teeny amount of oil working very very hard and they shred it quickly.  If possible on your bike consider an oil cooler, as well as being kind to the oil it will add half a litre to the capacity. The other thing is to change the oil every 1000 miles and filter every 2000 regardless of what it says in the book.   Engines aren't really designed to run at full throttle for long periods and a steady 70 on a 125 is pushing it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

LOL @ 'nut behind the throttle' LOL   My Honda 125 wasn't LITTLE, it weighed a ton, or felt like it when I had to push it, most folk thought it was a 250. I never had a problem with the oil either.   PML @ 125 at 70MPH, the most I managed out of mine was about 60 and that was going DOWN hill. Sometimes, especially UPHILL, it would have been quicker to WALK                                                                                                                                                                                 
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I'm surprised at this, Honda Cg's are not known for going bang. If anything they outlast the owners lol.   Did this replacement engine come with a carb or did you use the old one?   I'm thinking it may be running lean and overheating.......this ( on an air cooled bike) is very hard to spot unless you check the spark plug often. I'm thinking this because under normal use a bike running lean wouldn't present an obvious problem or many symptoms, but a bike at full chat will...namely it holes a piston or will seize.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Very good advice from prof and a valid point from gh , since the first engine (if a new bike) did you run it in according to instructions ? do you use a premium quality oil and how often is the oil level checked , have you noticed whether the engine has been using oil at all...you'd see and smell it if this was the case ..does your bike maybe have a full fairing on it ? is it a standard fairing ? if there is one . Sounds like silly questions but i would'nt ignore anything if i was you !
nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley

awwwww RIP baby's engine xxx    what u gonna do cassey ?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 907 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption