petition to remove the Swerve part of the new test

80 Posts | Latest reply on 07/06/2009 11:20:50 by bluesbiker | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

From a safety point of view, I don''t have an issue with the swerve test. What I do have a problem with is the fact that the requirements are the same regardless of conditions.  This has to be wrong and as with many issues related to "test standards" those in the DSA that decide on these things clearly have not thought hard enough about this.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

TeeCee,will def look into the possability of setting up at least the swerve part at the rally,could be very interesting to see how many experianced riders manage it Thumbs Up  Tickets on sale now by the way,see eventsWink                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I have to agree with both TC and Geoff, if that makes sense Confused   The more experienced the rider is in a "variety" of conditions, the better prepared they will be for "unexpected" events/hazards. As an "EX" instructor, I will watch this thread with interest and post my 2 pennorth later Em Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

As far as i can make out the practical part of the test has'nt changed much at all over the last 30yrs or so , what has changed a lot is the written test / monkey puzzle... due to new road laws , signage and various conditions .                                                                                                                                                                              
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

Must admit, I''m all for the swerve to be included.  As Shell has said, it''s posible on a 125, it was just a matter of a slight clip, and this is from a girl with a messed up shoulder and painful ankle still. I''d love to try it, but know that I have successfully done it 2-up on a bandit 1250 at over 30mph when a dog (Sorry, Un Chien) ran out at us (more than once) in France, and therefore know that it''s a very valid manouver to be familiar with. Anone who has ridden the A62 from Huddersfield to Oldham, the A57 Snake Pass or any other country road where the sheep have done a "great escape" through the fence will understand. And, no, I don''t do 15mph over Snake Pass in the wet...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yeah I remember cute lil doggie watching the road then all of a sudden Cujo is running towards us, boy was I glad you managed it !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

And, no, I don''''t do 15mph over Snake Pass in the wet...  ...and I should think not - slow down u maniac!ShockedWink                                                                                                                                                                              
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

WTF is Cujo? Ermm   D... O... G...   Next week children, we'll be trying to spell C...A...T...!!!   Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

ok , now bear with me everyone while I enter Mr P''s spreadsheet mentality (birthday or not is gonna get it in a min)   From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Cujo (1981) is a psychological horror novel by Stephen King. It was made into a film of the same name in 1983. The story focuses on the Trenton family: Vic, an advert designer, his adulterous wife Donna, and their four-year-old son Tad. The latter two are terrorized by the eponymous Cujo, a rabid St. Bernard dog. The narrative takes place in the author''s recurrent fictional town of Castle Rock, Maine, and is interspersed with vignettes from the seemingly mundane lives of other residents. There are no official chapters, but rather breaks in between passages, which indicate when the author is alternating to a different point of view.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Every day I learn sumfing new....                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

And every day you forget sumfink you learned yesterday LOL   Senior moments TC   Ask TM he knows all about it Thumbs Up   Put me straight once or twice Embarrassed   Or was it 3 times  Question Confused    What were we on about Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

TM? - he still conscious?                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Think he's recoverin ? or still on his hols LOL   If not he's remarkably quiet Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sshhh - let''s not spoil a good thing! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

I think his subscription has run out.   I miss the little dancer.... Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

Thats not what you called him before LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

getting back to the swervw test, and i will probably my face chewed off but...when we are out on our bikes , and see a manhole cover etc, even at 30mph plus, dont we all sometimes swerve to avoid it, i know i do, so is the swerve test just the same ????                                                                                                                                                                             
crowcat's Profile
crowcat

In: chesterfield

whats next leg protectors ?any more petty b.s.ive never done 15 mph far too slow bike would fall over!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeh - if u canna do the swerve, wot u gonna do in real life?   The swerve may be a tad harsh, but so is reality.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9336 seconds. There are 947 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption