NHS Organ Donor Register

86 Posts | Latest reply on 15/10/2010 21:39:38 by retrofan | Go to original / last post
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Afternoon all. A posting that I made earlier put my mind into a bit of a spin, as those that know me well will know that my Brother is is hospital currently awaiting a transplant. As Bikers, with blind car drivers around, we're probably some of the most vulnerable people on the roads today. Are you registered with the national organ donor register (sorry, don't know if this applies in Scotland, Wales or Ireland). If your conscience, religious beliefs, and close family members don't object to transplants following your death, then please consider registering.  Carrying a "card" isn't enough these days. For those wishing to register, please visit :http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/ukt/default.jsp Thanks, Ian                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

A timely reminder Ian. It's one of those things I keep meaning to do but never get round to.   Ask me tomorrow if I've done it.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I've been on the register for years, I'll probably be more use for research than transplant.                                                                                                                                                                               
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Carried the card since I was 17,went on the register when they started the scheme,stuffs no good to me when I,m gone but if it helps save/prolong or improve the quality of someone else,s life then they are welcome to itThumbs Up....and I,ll be doing the 3k Santa Jog around Salford Quays again this Dec so I,ll be knocking on a few doors for sponsorship soon as I,ve got a bike up & running again(raised £205 last time it,s for British Heart Foundation)HeartBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I have been on the register for years & my kids made the choice that they would when they were very young.   I would ask even if you carry a card... register, what happens if your wallet/purse cannot be found ... I dont carry a full purse when out with Mr P just as much as I need, or if your family god forbid cannot make it in time?   If your on the register then this can be checked with the hospital, also if your family say no, the hospital will have the grounds if your registered to say 'well actually this is what they wanted' & if need be carry out your wishes & not that of someone else.                                                                                                                                                                             
chunkichick's Profile
chunkichick

In: Cowling
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

bin on the register for years, but updated my details just in case, good idea Ian promotion of the register is always a good thing in my book.                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I've always carried the card, but like shell says, i dont carry my purse when on a rideout. So i've registered Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Same here, carried the card as soon as I was old enough. Have just registered too.     Quick reminder tho' peeps! Always remember to tell your family that you've registered please.                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I too carried a card for years and supported the adoption of the "opt out" scheme.
I have now registered Thumbs Up
On a lighter note Smile
I intend to thoroughly wear everything out Wink
But if there's owt left thats any use to anyone when I'm done with it they are welcome to it LOL

prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

A timely reminder, just realised I hadn't updated next of kin details since becoming single.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Hey Rachel ... did you remember ??                                                                                                                                                                              
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I did Shell, I did it straight after posting as I knew if I didn't I'd forget again.   Just need to inform my family now so in the event of anything happening it's not a shock to them.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

YAY Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

signed up.............                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

signed up.............                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Never been religious, so I've never thought that I'd need my various bits and pieces when I pop my clogs (although I'd be fairly surprised to find that anyone else wants them!)   As such carried a card for years until the register was available online at which time I registered.                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

I'm all for this..even my girls are signed up....

My little sister has had kidney disease for years...and I have seen other people I know have transplants...so its amazing what life can be given from someone else's sad demise....unfortunately I couldn't donate any of Barry's organs as he had been dead sometime before I found him..Such a shame cos someone so ill could be given a lease of life....
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Its great to see how many have registered or made sure details been updated,

Thanks all xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

In: Watford

Dont think I can, had glandular fever when I was 14, Thumbs Down. Is that right, no donating blood, organs, etc?                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

You can donate organs...not blood for some years if my facts are right!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 768 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption