buying a new/used bike

34 Posts | Latest reply on 05/06/2009 13:37:21 by chunkichick | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi everyone just thought i would create a new topic for any of us who are thinking like me of changing there bike. i thought it was a chance for us to post what we are thinking of buying and if there is anyone who hads had bad experiences with that model or in fact know what to look out for then we can share it. so......i am thinking of changing from my gsx1400 to a honda blackbird.....it will have to be good for me to swap.....but anyone got any comments or re what they are changing or buying..lets share it and help each other out !                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Ask Matt about the Blackbird.   Gets you from London to Matlock evvvvvver so quick when you're late for a BM meet!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i checked out it was ok to post the forum...he said why bother...just buy the bike......point taken....they must be good lol....gives other peeps to share what there buying etc.....ps good afternoon di                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

pps.....good afternoon Ian Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Hey you know I love blackbirds...been pilly on Black Bess a lot and really loved it.

I know after being pilly on your GSX that you will love the blackbird...you ride well..you will be able to handle her especially all that bottom end torque

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

This year I swapped my BMW K100RS for an R1100RS. BMs tend to be a bit like Harleys, attracting loyal buyers and haters in equal measure.
The Ks are built like the Bismarck and will run for ever. But now I've got used to the R (oilhead in BMW-speak) I've found it a far more nimble and better-handling bike that seems to carry its weight a fair bit lower down. Certinly the bike to try for anyone riding a big Jap tourer who wants to dip a toe into BMW-world.
And the advantage for me is that I can still go to BMW club runs and be one of the younger members!
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I think the Blackbird is an awesome bike but my comments are only based upon looks and being pillion on one - probably not what you are most concerned with! LOL   All the brands seem to have their lovers and haters. I've had a fair amount of stick from some about owning Honda but it's just lighthearted banter generally and I'm capable of giving as good as I get! Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Flipping Hondas, horrible things, you'd never see me riding one.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

My Keyboard can't even type Ho.. Hon... Hod... see!!!   Sorry Roachy LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I am waiting for the stick cos Stuey is a Honda replica !!                                                                                                                                                                              
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

Ooohh... I'd missed that point... Hmmm... LOL Do I lower myself to actually *riding* it??? Ermm It'll be bad enough having *it* in the garage! Evil Smile Thinks... take one for the team... it'll do my Karma good LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Hey be nice , you want to play on Vinny this weekend remember Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

*** for his own good *** !!! It is of course, a burden i have to bear Evil SmileLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LOL Yeah yeah , your itching to let him loose on woodhead, just hope your Suzie doesnt feel left out Cry   You need to check the milage tho , I think Vinny is over due a service Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

have you come to decision yet?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i started this thread for peeps to say if there buying a bike ,what to look out for asking other bikers etc.......you lot are nutters...lmao.........ah well what the hell ......good morning all                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

OK then Ian... are there any 125's on the market for approx minus 10 grand, as that would appear to be the current state of my finances? Hints & tips appreciated Big smile

Could be a few hundred quid either way - I'm sure it's open to negotiation - usually UP in the case of my delightful creditors! LOL

P.S. I don't like the cruiser style 125's, gimme a bog standard bike that looks like a bike... no trailies either - I'm a shortarse Wink And nothing blue. Black or red will be perfect. Black AND red will also work.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hey...may be able to help you out there..............will keep ya posted                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

LOL rofl!

Well that was an entirely unexpected response!

In that case... You got a spare 10 grand lying around? I'll pay ya back and everything... it might take a while but! LOL

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 717 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption