just a friendly warning

14 Posts | Latest reply on 17/05/2009 18:44:46 by Emzed | Go to original / last post
hightower's Profile
hightower

In: Doncaster
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi everyonei got a phone call from a friend who works for the s.yorks police this morning.He told me that they are joining up with derbyshire police to do a short policing term on bikes with loud exhausts and tiny number plates with minimal tolerance.Pass this on to anyone you know and keep an eye out has they will be using there unmarked bikes aswell as marked bikes too all the usual roads will be covered plus the known cut throughs also they will be doing the usual riding through biking spots and stop offs to chat too.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

That's interesting.  I heard rumours Derbyshire were going to have a crack down on illegal pipes, but had nothing confirmed.   Depends on what they mean by "minimal tolerance"!  If they're talking about handing out £30 fines or vehicle defect rectification notices, then that's not too bad.   But they could be funny and bring issues with insurance into it!  Then people could find themselves hit with 6 - 8 points!!!   Also, the Police do have powers to confiscate bikes if they feel the exhausts are loud enough to be considered a public nuisance.  They were testing bikes and cars late last year in Scotland and some people found themselves hit with 6 - 8 and their vehicles confiscated!                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Another post gone missing getting sick of writing things two or three times                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Kin typical As the crime figures are so low in the area. and will the little Tw*ts in Boxes be pulled for dustbin exhausts as well Prob not   Pity we aint allowed to vote in the chief of police forces we might actually get somthing done about crime.   Sorry Rant over Thanks for passing this info on Hightower                                                                                                                                                                              
hightower's Profile
hightower

ooh yeah LOL   nevermind it`s going to be replaced by a louder oneWink                                                                                                                                                                                 
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

It stops deaf people walking out in front of you!                                                                                                                                                                             
hightower's Profile
hightower

that arguement has be going on for ages loud pipes saves lives.   but it seems other people can`t see it from a common sense view like alot of other people can.   well when i get my link pipe done i`ll soon see how loud it is a v-twin tl1000 with a straight through yoshi LOL.   think i might need to put the police on my paypal account £30 again officer.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I was mighty grateful when my pipe got a hole in it, it sounded like a Harley (was a 125 Honda CM) and other road users knew I was there for a change LOL     lol @ police on paypal account                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Having a hearing loss of 82% and being a permanent user of h/aids i personally believe in loud pipes , but i suppose the annoying factor does apply to a lot of people without my problem.Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I have a non-standard pipe as I like bikes to sound like bikes and not washing machines.   However, I do still find it slightly amusing that people believe that "loud pipes save lives".  Cars are so well soundproofed nowadays, not to mention that the driver is probably listening to loud music, on his/her phone, thinking of what to have for tea etc.   I've heard loud pipes in tunnels, but if I have my music on in the car, I can't hear them otherwise.  Loud pipes do not save lives; riding sensibly through traffic and/or towns saves lives.       2 .......                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

I can agree with that as i also enjoy the throaty sounds a big bike can make , but not contradicting myself ...i was referring to pedestrians that misjudge a bikes speed and distance , hearing them coming does help a bit .ex                                                                                                                                                                              
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Yer not wrong Thumbs Up A quick "blip" o the throttle on a V twin, sure sharpens em up LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
hightower's Profile
hightower

your`e not wrong emzed Smile   v-twin should also read(for scareing old ladies and kids) especially with straight through cans with no baffles.LOL   I frequently ride through a tunnel when i got to marshgate in donny to my local bike shop and giving it a blip or a small twist of the throttle seems to work for me and gives people a wake up call.Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

Aye I know that ginnel well LOL Done it mesen Thumbs Up an at side o Needhams (Balby) Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1169 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption