Very gifted at most things d.i.y (no smut intended)

27 Posts | Latest reply on 26/05/2009 12:38:32 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Due to there being no work at the moment I thought I'd give this a go.   I've fitted full kitchens in the past including proper (butt and scribe) worktop joints, I can do basic plumbing (to a very high standard) tiling and electrics although I try to avoid these now as it's recomended you only use "qualified" tradesmen.   My day rate was £100 but then my day was upto 16 hours lol, anyone need anything done please ask and I'll quote on a job by job basis.   Andy                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikerchick21's Profile
Bikerchick21

In: shrewsbury
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck. xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Andy you should move round my way, I couldn't get an electrician or plumber at all to fit my shower, most were fully booked and some weren't interested cos the job wasn't big enough!. I ended up getting it fitted the unauthorised way. (shh... I never said that lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Thanks Sylv Have bike and trailer will travel :oD I was working when you was getting it all sorted hun I did see the postings.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I have been in the same boat as Kwak. Took me over 15 months to find a tradesman that would repair my kitchen ceiling and re wallpaper most said they didn't want the work, what is it with tradesmen this work was not a small job in fact its cost a little short of £3grand. Now the wallpaper has to all come off again as the guy that did it has done such a botch job, been paid over a £100 to do it to. that was just labour, so now trying desperately to find a decorator just been let down again with the promise to come and look at the job then a telephone call on the day he should have come to say can't get there.   So wish you all the best HR I am sure you will get some work if my experience is anything to go by, people will be begging you to do jobs for them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

How far do you travel?  Cos my sink is blocked.  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Well Matt if you pay my travel lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

How far do you travel?  Cos my sink is blocked.  Wink   You haven't been chucking the chip pan oil down it have ya Matt? Mind you it's probably the best thing to do, knowing your record for setting fire to chip pans LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

haha leave me alone!  Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

hey HR get tha sen t aggregate and sort out me zumo, you may poss hear the swearing if you open an east facing window!                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

What's up with it hun and I'm not fre sath yorks tha nos                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

And I'm East of you so me opening an East facing window.... possably not the best way of hearing you. So that's how bad the Zumo is eh?? Thinks Hull is West of you mmm that is bad ;o) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

no thats how bad i am!! so you can see i need all the help i can get! your wiring is still going strong for the tom tom though and thats never let me down.                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Well I allways try to perform to the best of my abillities Julie :oD                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

y did a damn fine job matey! tasty bangers too mmmBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Only shop bought (just well chosen and a bit of chefly advice helped too lol) the guy who was going to buy the Herse has been put on a 3 day week so cannot buy her now so i'm going to try take her to farmyard and see if anyone wants to buy her there.(I'm working as a Marshall so should not be a prob)
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

(I'm working as a Marshall so should not be a prob)

That's what I thought. Wrong! "No cars, no pedestrians, no excuses" Tongue

Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

Well as marshalls take caravans Wannabe I do not see a prob (I'm going to be there from thurs to monday helping out)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I was supposed to be marshalling last year and was told in no uncertain terms I was not to turn up in my car.

As it turned out, I didn't bother going as I had to go to hospital on the Saturday (& thank goodness I did!), but there's no way I'll ever volunteer for that lot again. Utterly ridiculous. Not permitted to turn up in a tiny Ka, when they allow huge great trikes PLUS trailers to their events.

I wish I'd known last year that some marshalls take caravans! I'd have given them a bloody great piece of my mind (which I can ill afford to do!) Eejits. Better check to be on the safe side... Maybe they have one rule for favoured marshalls and another for mere mortals?

(Not a MAG fan in case I'm in any way unclear on this post! LOL)

Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

They want it to be a bike only event the bulk of trikers tend to be disabled in some way or other but still want to have the general feeling of freedom a bike affords, and I hate having to go by car (not by choice you know why) I've Marshalled for the last 3 years and allways gone on my bike (yes and I tow a trailer with it too maybe not a purest but I like a few extra comphorts like being able to stand up in the tent I take) and will in the future, I still camp with the general population as I prefer it that way. I support MAG for their constant fighting for bikers rights. I do not allways aggree with all the rules but generally I do. Anyway that's enough of politics, I'm not taking the pee and hope most will see it that way.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.4844 seconds. There are 454 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption