Average Speed Cameras

7 Posts | Latest reply on 10/05/2009 19:44:31 by meza95 | Go to original / last post
madasthecat's Profile
madasthecat

In: Rugby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Drivin down the road today past birmingham, got caught up in the roadworks - average speed cameras. Has anyone actually ever been nabbed for speeding by average speed cameras??? I'm always doing more than i should, and never a word???                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

If the average speed cameras near you are the same as the ones on the A1 at Wetherby, don't worry. They are set up to photograph front number plates. That's great for anyone on a bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

If I had to have speed cameras at all, I'd rather have the average speed one, so at least you won't collect three points for an overtake of a vehcile travelling at, say, 69mph.
Depends as ever on what speed they're actually set at.                                                                                                                                                                             
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

In: Watford

Wast there a guy done for taking both hands off the wheel and sticking one finger up on each hand at them? Apparently did him for "Due care and attention". Think they are sometimes monitored, but would guess its hard to catch a bike. I always slow down for them, but if they aint facing backwards, do we need to?
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

*Wast there a guy done for taking both hands off the wheel and sticking one finger up on each hand at them? Apparently did him for "Due care and attention".*

Well if he's daft enough to do that on camera he deserves to get nicked - plank!

Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

I've just done that stretch of road today... I noticed a number of rear facing cameras, which are not the average speed cameras but just for monitoring. There's also some cctv style cameras there.

I'd suggest that although the average cameras can't see your number plate, lots of other stuff can, and if they've got then time synch'ed and you were doing something stupid, they could get you.

As ever, stay within the law and you have nothing to worry about :-)
meza95's Profile
meza95

In: Widnes

they are all forward facing camera's there so no they cant see your plate..but do bear in mind there are an awful lot of un marked cars working that stretch of road as well..so just be warned i always go through there at the proper speed                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3945 seconds. There are 2017 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption