Day 12 of HFG's pootlings.....or not!

30 Posts | Latest reply on 09/05/2009 12:06:19 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Wrong that someone could suggest someone else of being a stripper ... not wrong that anyone could be interested in you personally stripping Stella ... if you know what I mean? I'll shut up now ..                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Geoff may I borrow that spade when you've done digging? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thought i had to dig big hole,,,, seems not now!!                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Did Dave or other mate clean out the sediment trap on the bottom of tap? Still sounds like a fuel problem rather than a coil. BTW I have four single lead coils spare but they are meant for a VFR so probably to meaty for yours.   Geoff, a small single is better to run slighty rich as it runs a bit cooler, go the other way and it will hole a piston through overheating the chamber. Also if its only being used  for pootling about it will oil up anyway. Was the plug ya mate fitted in the correct heat range? One number either way from standard is acceptable. Did he set the mixture screw to factory spec or do it by ear? I'd find out the proper position and set it to that.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

???  I don't know lol!  I wasn't there!   Good points though Ghostie.  I still think also that it's something to do with muck in the tank or similar.   HFG, the fact that fuel wasn't flowing until you took the filter out and then it flowed freely points the finger at the filter (naughty filter).  I reckon Ghostie is right, you need to check the tap and filter properly again.   I'd certainly do this before buying a new coil (cos it's free).  Take the filter and the tap out (obviously you have a possible what do I do with the petrol problem, but you may be able to siphon or pour it into something, possibly even your car!), strip them down fully and clean them thoroughly.   Either that, or buy a Honda (quickly ducks and exits)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

will somebody come and check my coil please...? I ordered a ton but i think they've short-changed me..... . . . . . . . . . . . . .LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

You may have to explain that to those south of the Watford Gap, Karey!Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

lol @ Maz.. ah kno lad.. the teachings of Karey LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

Aye lass, tha knows!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I dunno about anyone else I missed the coal gag there and I was born in Barnsley.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 456 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption