Air Filters

5 Posts | Latest reply on 10/04/2009 02:21:21 by njl | Go to original / last post
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've got a K&N air filter on order for the Aprilia, partly as I didn't find OEM or pattern around when searching, but does changing to K&N need the mixture adjusting - it's fuel injection so not a jet thing but might I need to change the EPROM to suit?  Have read posts elsewhere warning of weak fuel mixtures being bad news! Bike has standard exhausts on.

tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

only changed my jets when changing pipe's for noisy one's! didnt do any mod when changing to a K&n run it for a while then check plug for sign's of weak mixture, need to take a run blast it a bit turn egine off an coast to stop so you dont soot it up at a low or idle speed,then check plug! mine ran ok!deffo better with the K&N 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Something i found with K&N and similar filters was that they sucked in water when it rained heavy. You can buy air filter oil for them which helps a bit. Trial and error with them really.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

it's essential they are used with filter oil for maximum effect i use the K&N filter oil and cleaner spray kit.                                                                                                                                                                             
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford

Ah, thanks guys, never thought of checking the plugs after, I'll keep a look out for the filter oil too!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 1704 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption