Another good ride out tonight...

18 Posts | Latest reply on 02/04/2009 18:36:16 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well another very good ride out tonight.   Bit of a hiccup starting Ziggy agen till i realised I dont needta give him any throttle, just a touch of the button....awwwww bless lol   So off we go, me leading this time, Nina watching my back. Had a good run off the estate, came to the crossroads onto the main road, traffic was really busy here. Couldnt find an opening, stalled...but dint panic.. found first gear, bided my time then pulled off.   We had already planned where we were going..ending up at New Miller Dam... (between Barnsley and Wakefield) .. anyways, I took a short cut, but the road was closed..bugga.. chance for cupple of U turns... perfect..both of us.. lol Then off we go agen.. had a really good run . .50mph road ..kept within the limit.. i think.. cant see my MPH ..its in Km.. so kinda guessed.. but pretty sure i was right...   A fair few  bikers out.. got  a couple of nods..  then get to the Dam, into the car park.. debike..and over to the pub.. for a coffee! Get talking to a lovely oldish fella wiv his rottweiller who turns out is a biker and hes just been to the coast on his hornet..first big run out this year..and he was overjoyed..goin again tomorra  lol  ..... THIS is why I love the biker community.....the people are great...and...we got another nod as we were walkin back over to our bikes.. lol   So... off we set again.. another good ride back.. doin 50 in the 50 zone... 40 in the 40 etc... or so i thought....   Gets back to mine...and I'm told.. I was doing more like 50-60.. through the speed cameras.....oooooooooooops !   Sooo...a plea is in order... can anybody point me in the direction of some kinda speedo help???   I could do with white dials with black numbers in mph or sticky numbers that i can see..or something to help me see wot my MPH is.. at the moment my clocks show clearly kmh but the mph is dark green numbers on a black background..Confused   All in all..another good ride out..not completely wivout hiccups..but im gettin better..and more confident..   Thanks again to Nina for taking the time out to ride wiv me..and thanks again to u lot for your support.   I will keep at it.. and hopefully will try a ride out soon enough.   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

If you want a speedo like that check out shops that sell custom parts and look for a mini-speedo. Simply bolt on your bars,connect up the cable and off you go.                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Cheers Ric !  I will have a look.Smile  i shudda gone to the autojumble not long since ..bugga                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Check this link as an example. https://secure.hosts.co.uk/~custom-fasteners.co.uk/acat...eedos.html                                                                                                                                                                             
nina's Profile
nina

again u did well karey   we all have hic cups ......   i couldnt believe the guy that past us whilst we waited to cross the road with out lids in our hands   & nodded not alot do when they see the L's ......  maybe thats why he did  cos he didnt see tiny & ziggy in the carpark    lol     had alittle wash on my way home ...... under the bridge where i told u there was flooding bust drain .......  boy race decided he's drive threw it  whilst i was tootling       got absolutely soaked   NO LAFFIN                                                                                                                                                                              
nina's Profile
nina

karey  we cud donext auto jumble ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Coloured sticky tape is a good idea to mark the 30/40/70 mph places on a kilometre speedo. Any garage should have some.
Sounds like you're doing brilliantly! Congrats to you and to Nina for being so supportive.                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Its about bloody time you got out there.   Good going keep it up proud of you xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol @ Nina.. I'm not laughing... ...much... lol   sorrrrrrrrrrry (((( hugs ))))   I'm glad we dint go that way ..lol   Yeh can u imagine that guys face if he saw Ziggy and Tiny int car park...bless..he probs thought we had some right mean machines tucked away... hehehe...  One day ..eh? ;o)   Hey yeh  we cud do the autojumble, but at the moment I'm liking  Will's sticky tape idea.... ( alot cheaper too)  lol   Cheers Wills and Ric!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Aww check you out girlie! You've been proper bitten by the bug now - no stopping ya! LOL

Fantastic to see - I can picture the grin on your face now - keep it up Hug

Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Sounds like another great run out and you're adding in new things such as parking up in public. Smile   Proud of ya girlie!                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Karey, I have sent you a PM.   Nice too see you are all getting out and about and with so much enthusiasm......it may just be catching lol                                                                                                                                                                             
SP's Profile
SP

In: Weston Super Mar

Nice one Karey,  keep it up.   Nice to have a friend like Nina to support you.  Well done Nina..   Both of you have fun..                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Hey Mick, thanks for that, I know its taken me a while, but I've had my reasons, but needless to say I'm 'getting on with it' now  Thumbs Up   Hehehe Lou!  you know me.. grin like a Cheshire Cat, can't wait for you to get sorted too, you will do .. soon enuff.. I'm sure.   Thanks Rachel, yeh parked up in public, it wasnt a packed car park, but it was outside a pub on a busy road, so not too bad,  not ready for a packed Sunday at Squires yet, tho, lol   Ghosty ..got your pm..and duly replied.. mucho thankos ! Thumbs Up   Cheers SP.. thats wot i love about this site and the ppl in general..    the support is phenomemena.... phemonimab..    is FOOKING GREAT!!! Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

YAAAAAAYYY Kaz Thumbs Up glad you had a great time - sorry I couldn't join ya  - but bed called - am now happily(???) ensconced in the Warwick office! Unhappy   oh - PS  - nope, I hadnt read the dales post before I PM'd ya LOL just thought you were being very brave if you were going on Ziggy Big smile xxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Lol  thanks Stella!!  Shame you couldn't come out with us, but I'm sure there will be many more opportunities.   Lol .. thanks agen.. and enjoy Warwick!   Hug  xxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Hehe! I will indeed get sorted one day Kaz - but I'm able to live vicariously through the noobie biking tales from all you guys in the meantime... plus with mates like Vent, TJ and Pob around, I'm getting plenty of pillion fun too Big smile

The prospect of being out on the roads all on yer lonesome, so many months after doing yer CBT is a pretty daunting one, so keep posting ladies! You're my unwitting inspiration!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wow Karey,am so impressed,watch you go girlHug Better tell Blue to start saving for WhitbyLOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 551 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption