Helmet screens!!

23 Posts | Latest reply on 24/03/2009 09:32:41 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Karey has come up with a wonderful idea & I'm surprised no one has come up with it!! Is there any electronics guru's out there who can modify a helmet or modify something that can be stuck on the back of a riders helmet so that pillions can watch a movie or whatever on the long boring motorway journeys?? I know we've got ipods etc to listen to music, but what about being able to watch something aswell...like kids have in the back of cars on the back of the front seats???   Comments please? Big smile   **..........ps - are we there yet??..what's this do.....?? ..it was him that started it not me!!.....awwww daaad!! **                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

wot yu on?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

lol... You forgot to mention the digital clock on the back of helmets too!! Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

hot buns!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

pmsl! LOL

iPods? iPods???!!!

I sit there making plans for world domination... I thought that's what everyone did?

(Unless it's late and I'm tired, in which case, I have a nice little snooze)

julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

you have gotta be kiddin! is it april 1stLOL how can you need more entertainment when on the back of a bike, even if it is motorway, always something to look at, to be honest, i prefer it to riding myself, nothing better than flying through the countryside on the back of a nice big comfy bike!
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Actually it can already be done stella. An ipod capable of playing video is all you need, some jackets have an across the shoulderblades "belt" used for adjustment, just clip it that lol.   Its that or learn to sing.                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

JJ don't say things like that in front of Kaz!! not after the journey she had yesterday!!! Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Peter69's Profile
Peter69

In: manchester/south

Heared Goldwings are doing 46" widescreens.............                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

I was just thinking of something to take my mind off the pain Confused(Soz Paul, I really am trying not to mention it again..blame Stella...lol) LOL Don't get me wrong Julie, I LOVE pillion..and yeh you're right there is lots to see, but sometimes the motorways can get monotonous (sp?) same old white line flashing by, you know the thing... lolBig smile   hmmm 46" ?  is that on each side of the fairing?   Geek                                                                                                                                                                               
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

In: Watford

At least an ETA linked into the GPS, but then again, a watched kettle never boils, lol. Think Ill just put stickers on saying "Thanks for flying Newkair" LOL.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Kaz, get yr rider to wear a bandolier, but replace the cartridges with miniatures. Then all u need is a very long straw. Shortly afterwards u wont feel the pain!                                                                                                                                                                             
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

Anyway Stella, ya would have broke the screen on the BMW with all that headbanging! LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

I must admit that when you're clinging on the back of these new fangled sports bikes with the pillion seat up in the air (at speed!!), most of the time you're just trying to keep your head down out of the wind & the option of looking around is pretty nill !(on the motorway I mean) Jim - good idea  - but wouldn't it be more interesting/viewable on the back of a helmet?...as I said on these new fangled bikes, all you get to see is the back of your riders helmet anyway cos you're lying over their back clinging on!!   **that sounds a bit rood!! Shocked LOL**                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

hey Stu - that was your fault!!!....clumpy gearchanges!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol  nice one XK Thumbs Up    * Have to admit i needed to google 'bandolier' but yep a crossover belt of cartridges filled with minatures sounds good to me* lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Noooooo...  on t'back of one of them there new fangled sports bikes, you do yer "dog wi'its head out the window" impression! Big smile

Trouble is, if your lid's a good tight fit, you end up with aching cheeks from all the grinning... LOL

Newkid's Profile
Newkid

Clunky gear changes, you were banging my head just on the throttle, LOL. What ya want is a clip on periscope, so ya can see whats coming, LOL.                                                                                                                                                                              
Newkid's Profile
Newkid

Hey, thats it, simple and effective with no batteries required, a periscope to go on the riders helmet!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

hfg, i agree wholeheartedly about sports bikes, did see a guy with a mirrored lid the other day, maybe that would work you could just watch your own insane grin all the way home (Or practice your gurning)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1408 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption