Delete All

18 Posts | Latest reply on 26/03/2009 23:02:07 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
meza95's Profile
meza95

In: Widnes
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

any chance of having a delete all box added to the sent and inbox please matt..save time on deleting messages one by oneThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
GSXRJim's Profile
GSXRJim

In: Nottingham

+1                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea sorry ive been meaning to do this for some time now, other things keep getting in the way though.   Leave it with me                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Done!   Next...                                                                                                                                                                             
meza95's Profile
meza95

In: Widnes

CHEERS MATT                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

im hoping this will reduce the size of the database also as people start mass-deleting their messages.   I'm expecting some deadlock errors too whilst PMs are being deleted by one person and trying to be read by others.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Thanks for the private message Matt Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Quick question...does delete all get rid of everything or just a page at a time?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

everything - whosh, wipe, gone...  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

pls can i have one for the bathroom                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

bugger! there's some i wanted to keep..for now anyway...see you all in a few weeks...i'll be away deleting Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

how many do you wanna keep?   If it's one or two, then give me their IDs and i'll take care of it (ID can be found by going into the message and looking at the ID part of the web address)                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

lol at Matt.... whosh wipe goneLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

S'ok Matt, thanks anyway...i've now got rsi in my forefinger(clicking the mouse before anyone says anything rude!) I had messages going back months and i only wanted to keep 2!...its sorted now Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

well in future missus, just give me the 2 IDs. Why?  Because everytime u press delete it's another strain on the server.  I can do it by writing a really small piece of script that will take me 2 seconds to do, and make it delete all the ones u dont want   :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

Aww Matt, thats very kind of you. I only wanted to mention it on the public forum cos it takes months for me to build up any kind of mass deletion and i wanted to appear popular. I know you love me really <goes all warm inside> Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

54 mins to code the delete all button. were you eating your tea at the same time Matt? It took less time to change the system so standard members could reply to full members.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt said: everytime u press delete it's another strain on the server.  I can do it by writing a really small piece of script that will take me 2 seconds to do, and make it delete all the ones u dont want   :-)   NOW ya tell us!! *slap*   I spent ages deleting my pages, one at a time (before we were able to delete more than one)                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 756 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption