Bloody Brussels

10 Posts | Latest reply on 20/01/2009 17:07:14 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

NOISE LIMITERSNew noise legislation is about to be introduced that is likely to virtually destroy live music in the UK. The government wish to consider it a legal requirement in the new tax year to introduce laws insisting anyone applying or re-applying for an entertainment licence must have a noise control device fitted to the venue. This will be the final nail in the coffin for pretty much ALL entertainment in the UK as the level at which these devices cut the power off is ridiculously low.  Any venue that has one in use cannot have any electric music as the power is constantly being cut mid-song - and even loud applause at the end of a song can cut it.  Venues are suffering enough as it is without being forced to go to the expense of fitting one of these damned things.  Noise limiters are a menace to live music, and I expect this is the bright idea of some unelected suit in Brussels that's never been to a gig in their life. Bloody politicians - why can't they all just ****** off and let us lead our lives? Please sign this petition, the cut-off date is Friday the 23rd January.   http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/NoNoiseControl/   Also please circulate to your friends.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

All done n signed! Where would we be without our live bands n gigs,not to mention the 'bafflelessss Harley' Stern Smile,have sent on to all me mates,the more the merrier,we hope!! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

DING!...signed it                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

WTFN all done Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Signed xx                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay

done                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

sama as that........ba***rds..........                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

signed                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Can anyone actually point me in the direction of this new legislation? I can't find it on a Google search - which isn't to say it doesn't exist, but I'd like to read exactly what it says. There isn't any reference to Brussels or the EU either in the on-line petition, BTW. Edit: It appears to be the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, which came into effect for the music and entertainment industry in April last year. I've added my name to the petition in a spirit of mischief and anarchy, but to be honest I reckon a petition dated 2009 against rules formulated in 2005 will go straight into a Whitehall waste bin! http://www.hse.gov.uk/noise/regulations.htm
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I think the idea of regulating the volume is to help save folks their hearing, (as opposed to spoiling folks' fun) thereby saving the cash-strapped NHS some dosh. My hearing is already impaired, from an early age due to an ear infection, so I know what it's like living without full hearing.   Perhaps if people who organise the live music events were to offer ear defenders to those attending, that way individuals get to make their own choice and there won't be need for another dictated legal requirement.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 630 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption