Well I never.......

21 Posts | Latest reply on 28/12/2008 12:58:02 by ghosthunter | Go to original / last post
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I know this doesn’t really apply to bikes, but I thought it worth posting ‘cos this will stop many future embarrassing moments in the future (for me anyway).    I like you have been driving for years and would think I should have noticed the little secret on my dashboard that was staring me in the face the whole time...I didn't...and I bet you didn't either... Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the petrol station wondered...mmm, which side is the petrol filler cap? My normal solution was to stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look, try to see in the side mirrors or even get out of the car!!!! Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the petrol station or put your neck at risk of discomfort or injury. If you look at your petrol gauge, you will see a small icon of a petrol pump? The handle of the petrol pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the petrol pump? If your filler cap is on the left, the handle will be on the left? If your filler cap is on the right, the handle will be on the right. It is that simple! I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated! WHY don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the Highway Code or even the car manufacturers manual?? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me??   The only possible explanation can be that all these people probably don't even know! Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

New one on me.....cheers geezThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

yep and its a myth too. Its just a pure fluke that some cars match. I test new cars and I can tell you its down to who made the gauges rather than a helpful driver aid.   Ford focus does match, MG's don't etc. Some new cars now (like some Nissans) have a little arrow next to the pump to give you a hint!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

lol......that sorts that one out then:o)                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Awww theres Blue..fills us all wiv hope ( luvin the Jim Carey bit..haha)  then Ghosty goes n bursts the bubble...  .bugga :o    Good job i know which side mines on ;o)  heheh                                                                                                                                                                              
80cubes2's Profile
80cubes2

In: DERBY

Why dont u look before u get in the car. And make sure it not run on diesel I borrowed a jag once. It had filler on both sides. Ime a grumpy sod, must b xmas.                                                                                                                                                                               
80cubes2's Profile
80cubes2

I thought it would be nice, and let u know that ive just gone down street and had a peek with me torch through about 15 car windows, and its right. merry christmass ,even though your all crackers                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

And for the motoring veterans among us, the question for tonight is: what side is the filler on a Ford Corsair?

And the answer is: neither. It's central, and hidden behind the number plate. Easy peasy when you know. But a nightmare if you don't!
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

Cheers for that Will's!.....will sleep much better tonight, now i'm aware of that factConfused                                                                                                                                                                              
80cubes2's Profile
80cubes2

And buicks do to                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Andy.. i usedta go out wiv a lad that dealt in American Cars.. he had a really really nice Caddy ... but how many ppl do u know wiv Buicks?   lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Never had a Corsair meself, but a mate had a very embarassing time...new (ie 3rd-hand) car, new (umpteenth-hand) girlfriend, takes her out for a ride, needs petrol.....can't find the friggin filler cap!!!

You can guess the rest!                                                                                                                                                                             
80cubes2's Profile
80cubes2

karey i had one And caddy, lincoln me spellin shit plymouth nass cars ill shut up i dun the 9 litre shit cars. And i dont like cars there bloody dangerous                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Where's the filler cap on a V Max?

On my first bike test one of the questions the examiner asked me was 'where do you put fuel into the bike & what does in it run on?
Answered it,correctly of course,then after he said congratulationss you've passed I had to ask him why he'd asked such a daft question.He said he'd seen a bloke trying to put diesell into the oil filler on a bike only a few days before & thought it might be a good question to ask LOLThumbs Up

80cubes2's Profile
80cubes2

I saw a couple ov chicks trying to pour oil into the hole the dipstick come out ov. Dont know what car it was but they said they put a gallon in it, and the red light still comes on. What a mess. I f**ked off and left em to it.                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Always remember going out to rescue a mate who had filled the radiator up on his Fiat 500 ..........                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

Filler cap on a v max is under the seat oggy, i had one lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I had a Caddy once, but I never put petrol in it.       Just tea.       (Sorry)                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

Jesus XK that was quite good for you!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Now there's a coincidence - that's what the missus said to me earlier!Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 613 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption