Migration of servers tonight, 15th December

38 Posts | Latest reply on 19/12/2008 16:43:08 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I'm moving the servers tonight into one new server.   This is to fix the SQL errors initially and then the CDO mail errors once I've confirmed the move went ok.   The move failed in the past for various technical reasons but SHOULD be ok this time.   Photos cannot be changed or added tonight, and the site may be down for 1 or 2 hours at some point.   Sorry for the inconvenience and short notice.                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Uderstandable repairs etc... Matt...was just wondering if you're able to give us a more accurate time as to when we'll be shut down etc...cheers geez                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

well ive stopped the ability to edit/add photos now.  I'm migrating the photos from the old server to the new server.  As soon as they're all copied there will be a 10 minute notice period in the form of a banner on the top of every page.  After that 10 minute period, the switch will be flicked and you'll be able to access the new server.   Should there be a problem, I'll probably be up all night reverting the changes lol.  In fact, I might not give access to add/edit photos for a few hours AFTER the move to make my life easier when moving back (if necessary)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt..cant u stay up till 3am   and do it then?  so as not to inconvenience your public?Stern Smile     heheheh LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

no sod off, im up at 6am for work!  lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

PS: it's taking a long time this transfer!  wow you guys have uploaded a hell of a lot of photos                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

well just dunt go to bed !!  sorted ;o)    aye..we're all budding David Baileys   lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

who?                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

errrr...   never mind . lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Don't show yer ignorance, Matt - he makes Irish cream liquers!Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol erm ok                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

lol thanks XK !   ;o)                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Seems to be OK now

Matt's Profile
Matt

shhhh touch wood                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Any problems with the server tonight, please contact the moderator team and hopefully someone will be available to wake me up.   Photos will be available for uploading/editing in the morning.   Please let me know of any non-urgent problems via PM.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

site is running fine it seems.  Server is stable and happy :-)   I've fixed the email/CDO errors too.   For now i've enabled the EVENTS photos but you still cannot add or remove PROFILE photos until later today.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

All photos are now available again. Email/CDO Transport errors have been fixed by moving the email services to the new server. I'm seeing the server running very, very fast.... but I'd like some feedback please, how are you finding the server today?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Shiny... Sparkly... and awful pretty Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just uploaded some pic'c was farst but they dont come large ! Awww but might be some thing i done Wink but i dont know.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

5 by 5 so far... Good job, sir! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8120 seconds. There are 524 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption