First Bike

9 Posts | Latest reply on 18/11/2006 18:33:54 by nellymac | Go to original / last post
Wild Child's Profile
Wild Child

In: Saffron Walden
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Which one of the following do you think is the best?   Daytona 675 ZX6rr GSXR600 CBR600rr R6   I need help and advice?                                                                                                                                                                               
Leggyblonde's Profile
Leggyblonde

In: North East Londo

Have you ever ridden a bike b4 hun...? QuestionSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Yea gonna say I would avoid the above as first bikes! Big smile   These are my favs but i dont know which is best of the three... ZX6rr GSXR600 CBR600rr                                                                                                                                                                             
Speedy Claire's Profile
Speedy Claire

In: Liverpool

My first bike was a CBR600 but you need to pay it the respect it deserves and ride sensibly until you`ve gained experience......what experience do you have and what height, frame etc. are you                                                                                                                                                                              
druid's Profile
druid

In: cardiff

hi,         ok, personally i prefer the 600rr, but the daytona is supposed to be real good. everyone thinks i'm nuts for buying a 1000rr as a first road bike but just take care if urr gonna buy something like the bikes u mentioned.. and have fun !!                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

Have to agree, don't get something that you will scare yourself silly with.  Try to get something that isn't more powerful than you can handle, take it easy at first to get used to the feel of the bike..... You can always trade up later.  So saying the honda is a good all round bike to get you into the swing of things and when you do want to trade up there is a ready market for them.... should you want to keep it a while it should hold it's value better than the others with a bit of luck.  Don't go for a "balls out" mad machine straight off.... not like cars where if you got the money you can buy a porche and just get on with it..... bikes demand a bit of respect from the rider.  Take a biker mate with you when you go to buy so you have some help.  Try a test ride, and do not be swayed into getting something cos your mates say it is great.  Get what you are comfortable with to start off.
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Well said rube, don't go for the biggest fastest til you got some experience hun else it'll all end in tears!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackwingbandit120's Profile
Blackwingbandit120

In: Rotherham

I would have to say the CBR600they are a good all round bike if it's your first big bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
nellymac's Profile
nellymac

In: bury

daytona 675 in my honest opinion is by far the  best ride and bike for me but if its your first bike i would definatly consider the cbr. good alround bike,fantastic handling and plenty of power.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 1628 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption