blade front wheel mod

8 Posts | Latest reply on 21/01/2009 15:38:25 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
burbrew's Profile
burbrew

In: derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

have a 1998 cbr 900rrw with the 16" front wheel. can anyone tell me which 17" wheel will fit?? been all over ebay ect everyone listed ie vfr nc will not fit the rrw any ideas???                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Nope... but welcome to the forums anyway Wink

mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull

I think older CBR600 front wheels will fit (off a carbed bike). Might be worth a try...                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Hi Burbrew. Just buy a 2000 blade. Honda threw in a 17" wheel for free. Would putting a 17" wheel in a bike designed for a 16" just slow the steering down by changing the trail ?                                                                                                                                                                             
b19 bke's Profile
b19 bke

In: glasgow

go for a pair of zx9r b model forx and wheel n stuff! nice long solid kit, and most excellent to adorn any potential streetfighter!!                                                                                                                                                                              
burbrew's Profile
burbrew

In: derby

thanks.... but anyone riden a blade with a 16" front wheel?????? just so wrong its great at speed but for road riding its just pants(or i am.... not sure which) im sure there is someone that has done this mod and knows what they are talking about... for some reason where ever i go people say the usual routes ie cbr 600 vfr 800 wont fit on the rrw...... why???? they seem to fit on other models and is a great road mod... please help... this blade is trying to kill me..................
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

the fartblood used a slightly higher profile tyre on the front effectively making the front end a 17"   They didn't spend all that dosh on research for nowt!   Blades are slappy and twitch like buggery, I've ridden em all, its in their nature.... older Gsxr's used to slap worse! Its more to do with wheelbase/fork trail/headstock angle than the wheel. You can get an adjustable yoke set if you like spending money.   ps, I'm a test rider and I know these fings......or I say I do!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I beleive the wheel from a VTR1000 will fit.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4219 seconds. There are 1176 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption