Anyone got a hammer

11 Posts | Latest reply on 12/12/2008 10:51:20 by Oggy | Go to original / last post
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I am getting slightly frustrated now with my Nokia phone, in fact my 4th Nokia 6500s phone.   I am on contract with orange who suggested this phone to me when it was time for an upgrade and what a nightmare it has turned out to be, the first two had exactly the same faults, loosing calls, not ringing, scrolling through the different icons with out me even touching the phone, and locking up that could only be resolved by removing the battery, I have lost most of my phone numbers to, so then when I contacted them I was informed that the last two had outdated software which was causing the problem so it replaced again with the third phone, this did have different things on it so thought it would work ok, how wrong, this one just kept flattening my battery in a couple of hours so again this was deemed faulty and replaced with nokia6500s number 4, this has the same software as the first two, keeps losing signal and all the other problems phones 1 and 2 had so I am at my wits end now, what do I do, I know if I ring them they will try and fob me off or just send me out the same phone again, how do I get them to change it to another phone and what phone do I choose.   As you can see from my long winded post I am so fed up with all this. Has anyone else had problems with this nokia phone                                                                                                                                                                               
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

womens-hammer-screwdriver-set.jpg picture by Loop1968   Here y'are CG - use mine Wink   No idea on the Nokia... but whatever you do, don't swap it for a Sony Ericsson with a 5.0 megapixel Cybershot Camera.   Camera's marvellous. Phone sends random text messages while you're talking on it though... the scroll bit hasn't worked for about a month and the number 2 key operates the touch (over)sensitive part of the screen, instead of just doing the letter a, b or c, so you end up accidentally sending a text before you've finished writing it.   Makes me scream intermittently for much of the day... Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Thanks for the hammer wannabe, it's a good job it was in the packet still as just spoken to Orange and they are going to replace my handset yet again and just tried to say I had to pay £15 for the replacement, after much discussion and saying to them the old one isn't damaged its not fit for the purpose it was supplied for they have said they would waive the charge, what a cheek wanting to charge in the first place after he had just told me yes my handset is faulty. They did then add that if the set turns out to be damaged in anyway on its return they will charge me the £15.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

They've got some nerve eh?   I keep meaning to go back to the shop with my piece of rubbish phone... sincerely hope they don't reckon they'll be getting any money out of me! It's not damaged - just not fit for purpose!   Fingers crossed for your new new new new new phone CG!   *double-checks quantity of "news" *                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

No, but if I had a hammer ..   I'd hammer in the morning ..                                                                                                                                                                               
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Yours might just be a dodgy on Lou,never had a problem with mine,take it back to the shop as it's more than likely a software issue. & erm,

I'd hammer in the evening.........

Clown
Keep it going LOL

Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

.......................all over this land.                                                                                                                                                                             
Collarbone's Profile
Collarbone

In: Ammanford

Hi CG, can I borrow your hammer.  I have a Nokia 6500 slide phone, which I’ve had for about 6 weeks now and it’s been great till about a week ago.  When the texting went all haywire, you type a word on nothing happens for a second or 2 then some gobble-de-gook appears on the screen. It keeps forgetting the saved ringing and text tone going back to the standard tones (which are crap), and the memory card has disappeared from the list of icons so I can no longer retrieve the pictures I have saved.  Must admit I have not contacted Orange yet about this but did not realise either that this model may have an inherent problem.   *If I had a bell, I’d ring it in the morning*                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Collarbone glad I am not the only one having Nokia 6500 problems as was begining to think it was just me expecting too much from a mobile phone.   I had my replacement come this morning and guess what its still go the old software on it. So lets see if this one works, not holding my breath though.   Found by doing a google search for reviews on this Nokia mobile that we are not alone in our troubles, there's pages and pages of people having the very same faults as us.                                                                                                                                                                             
Collarbone's Profile
Collarbone

In: Ammanford

Hi CG had a barney with Orange on the phone a while ago no help at all there, but they gave me a contact number for Nokia who were very helpfull and mines working fine again. your software should be, Nokia 6500s-1   V.08.30 this can be found if you type *#0000#. have you had memory card probs as well?
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

I'm sure that in some obscure langauge in the world the word Nokia actually translates to mean faeces

Clown

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 788 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption