Any dog lovers out there fancy helping my friend?

26 Posts | Latest reply on 07/08/2009 10:29:10 by UKHarleyRider | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A lovely lady who I've come to know through my jewellery bits (she started off as *just* another supplier but is now most definitely a friend!) is in the planning stages of a bit of an epic journey Wink

Sophie and her trusty Jack Russell "Patch" are walking from John O'Groats to Land's End, starting on 1st June 2009 (so long as Patch's training goes well and the vet gives her a clean bill of health!) to raise money for the Dog's Trust.

As soon as I get her planned route, I'll post it up for any tips on dog-friendly pubs/campsites/etc.

If anyone wants to follow her progress, she's just started a blog here:

http://www.longestdogwalkinbritain.blogspot.com/

If anyone's feeling generous and would like to sponsor her, she has a "just giving" page here:

http://www.justgiving.com/longestdogwalkinbritain

And if you're out on a ride next "Summer" and see a somewhat bedraggled girl with an over-sized backpack and a wet dog trudging onward through the rain, give her a friendly BM toot & a nod - keep her spirits up!

Thanks all Big smile

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Good Luck to Sophie and Patch, I hope they have a safe and profitable journey. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Good Luck....bet the pooch wont want to go walkies again after that one!!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
b19 bke's Profile
b19 bke

In: glasgow

hiya Louise, as i live twixt glasgow and edinburgh i would be only too pleased to help in anyway i can my daft dug wont even go out in the rain never mind a treck of such magnitude !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Oooh ta! Big smile

Will keep you posted! I don't know about daft, sounds like a pretty sensible dug to me! LOL

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

*bump*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Talk to you about it at the weekend WB.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Thanks for bumping this Kwak - much appreciated :o)

& cheers Ricdude :o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Y W Wannabe                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Wow,dunna ken how i missed this one Lou but so glad Kwak gave it a bump,cheers kwakHug    Think your mate is both brave and mad as a hatter,will def be checking out her blog and adding to her funds.Don't know if she has accomadation sorted by now,could help her out there if not.Does she want people to join her for a few miles when shes in their area?short notice i know but i for one would be up for it(along with my rescue pooch)and could gain local sponshership to add to the coffers?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I've just googled the mileage and it says 999 miles and will take 'about 8 days 9hours'  Shocked    Great idea Cassie, the route doesn't come near  Huddersfield but if it does Sophie and Patch will be most welcome to a pit stop at mine, including an overniter if they need it.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

my mouse has onion-itis again lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

*bump*                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Hehehe! I don't think she's going to make the poor pooch do it all in one fell swoop Wink

Unfortunately, the number I had for her isn't working - d'oh! I've sent a message to the lady who's minding "shop" for her while she's away (she's stepping up her training this month ready for the off) so hopefully I'll be able to make direct contact with her soon.

Absolutely brilliant suggestion Cassie - thanks! Big smile Will see what we can do...

Jansky1960's Profile
Jansky1960

In: Grantham

If she needs some more dogs, she is welcome to mine Evil Smile They could do with a long, long, long walk lol, but will be watching her progress, an good luck to her.Hug                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hi Wannabe how did Sophie and Patch get on?                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Aw thanks for remembering Kwak Big smile

I still can't make direct contact with her, so I can only keep track via the blog. It's all proved too much for poor little Patch, so she's been sent home to put her feet up, while Sophie trudges onwards alone, wet and totally fed up bless her!

She's still short of her target, so if anyone's feeling generous, despite the fact it's no longer a dog walk, I'm sure she'd still welcome contributions. The Just Giving page is on the first post here.

Thanks again Kwak - lovely of you to remember them both Hug

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Wannabe I'm a bit confused, I thought the walk was in JUNE yet you say Sophie's carrying on alone. When I googled the journey it said 8 DAYS 9 HOURS, not 2 months lol, is Sophie a slow walker?   Of course I could look at her blog / webpage and find out, if I'd had a brain I coulda done it before. Embarrassed   I hope Patch isn't missing Sophie too much and that Sophie finally reaches home safe, however long it takes her Wink    WELL DONE SOPHIE!!! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Kwak , 4 miles an hour is a good walking pace so 8 and a half days would be walking non stop at a brisk pace for the whole time!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I managed 2 miles an hour a few yrs ago and I walked pretty quickly then.   Maths was never my strong point prof lol                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 1071 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption