The Bah Humbug Thread

10 Posts | Latest reply on 01/12/2008 21:27:43 by Misty 1 | Go to original / last post
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

well as the Merry Christmas thread has been started, then I will start this one.   not everyone likes Christmas, So anyone else who thinks its over-rated tripe feel free to post here.   I am spending Christmas on my own, under a duvet, and please no-one start saying "you shouldnt be on your own at Christmas, come over to us"  I am looking forward to it, so thanks but no thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Fancy swapping places with me then?

I'm going to be spending it in hospital by the looks of things... I'd MUCH rather be with my family and friends... I LOVE Xmas with my family!

Mum's already stressing and wondering if there's any way she can get my Dad over to see me... they've enough stress in their lives as it is... I don't like adding to it... Thumbs Down

Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Like you Frag I don't hold with xmas....I love giving prezzies anytime of year so the 25th is a no no ...why spend money on things that most folks don't really want anyway. In the past Xmas has always been a bad time for me in one way or another due to always losing those I held close to me then......so as usual I will be on my own again so to speak cos even going to Egypt for xmas to be with my old biking buddies isn't the same as being with that someone special is it.   sorry boring bit over CryEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Misty 1's Profile
Misty 1

In: Renfrewshire

Sorry to hear that WB hope its nothing serious.... Fraglette... Not looking forward to it that much myself . I'm working late shift that day......But here's something just for you....      Only 23 Days 03 Hours 43 Minutes 28 Seconds Till Christmas!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I would work Christmas day, but my company only shuts for 3 days a year, boxing day, christmas day and new years day.   I really dont like Christmas, it was the last time i saw my dad alive, the last time i spoke to my "foster" brother before he died, and due to family conflicts i cant go to the family.   Christmas is officially sh*te for some of us                                                                                                                                                                             
Misty 1's Profile
Misty 1

Its true what they say Fraglette   You can pick your friends  but you can't pick your family..   Hang in there  kiddo  .......   Just think  you could be me and have your 40th birthday on Hogmany  ( New Years eve, translation,  for you folk South o the border)Tongue.........  Now that I aint looking forward to  ....                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

That's fair comment Frag.

A mate of mine has similar memories associated with Xmas, so she now spends her Xmases volunteering with a charity for the homeless... reckons it's the best thing she ever did... turned Xmas around for her, feeling like she's making just a little bit of a difference for those having an even worse Xmas than herself... and gradually she's building new memories for that time of year :o)

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

You're getting me all morose and angry now. As in the previous years I'll end up buying and cooking the Christmas dinner all on my tod, washing the whole lot up all on my tod, for what's left of the family itching to get out and about.
Can't get to the pub for any serious carousing...been breath-tested three years on the trot (passed each time, but iu get the idea.)
So stuck in with obsterperous kids and wife on 48-hour leave from the loony bin who can't be left alone too long. Can't have any booze in the house cos she'll mix it with her meds to disastrous effect. God I hate Christmas.

*Mr Grumpy mode OFF*

Compliments of the season to you all :-)
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Misty, you've changed and I've only known you an hour!                                                                                                                                                                             
Misty 1's Profile
Misty 1

Embarrassed  Soz  got carried away  ..   Ok  I'll quietn doon now.. 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 868 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption