I'm Very Well Thank You -)

4 Posts | Latest reply on 23/11/2008 09:16:33 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I’m Very Well Thank You Wink   There is nothing the matter with me, I’m as healthy as I can be I have arthritis in both knees, And when I talk – I talk with a wheeze   My pulse is weak, and my blood is thin, But – I’m awfully well for the shape I’m in Arch supports I have for my feet, Or I wouldn’t be able to be out on the street   Sleep is denied me night after night, But every morning I find I’m alright My memory is failing, my head’s in a spin But – I’m awfully well for the shape I’m in   The moral is this – as my tale I unfold, That for you and me who are getting old It’s better to say ’I’m fine’ with a grin, Than to let folk know the shape we are in   How do I know that my youth is all spent? Well, my ‘get up and go’ has got up and went But I really don’t mind when I think with a grin, Of all the grand places my ‘got up’ has bin   Old age is golden I’ve heard it said, But sometimes I wonder as I get into bed With my ears in a drawer, my teeth in a cup, My spec’s on a table until I get up   ‘Fore sleep overtakes me I say to myself, Is there anything else I could lay on the shelf? When I was young my slippers were red, I could kick my heels right over my head   When I was older my slippers were blue, But I could still dance the whole night through Now I am old my slippers are black, I walk to the shop and puff my way back   I get up each morning and dust off my wits, And pick up the paper to read the ‘obit’s’ If my name is still missing I know I’m not dead, And so I have breakfast – and go back to bed.     Author unknown                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I've had that ditty for a long time but as I get older I'm finding it more and more appropriate LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

LOLnice one Kwak.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hehehe.... good one Kwak.. Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1094 seconds. There are 681 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption