Is it true ?

42 Posts | Latest reply on 29/11/2008 23:43:00 by Triumph_Sy | Go to original / last post
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have heard it said that all messages to other members are read by the moderators...is this true ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

NO. The moderators can not see anything you send to other members apart from that you post in the public forums.   Can you PM me Herne i would like to hear from you in private what you have been told/heard.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Blimey! The amount of messages I send/receive, you'd need about 15 full time moderators employed to read them if everyone messages as often! lol

I've always presumed a PM just gets flagged if there's an email addie or series of numbers in it i.e. a phone number... and records indicate if there's already been an exchange between the sender/recipient.

darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

<breathes a sigh of relief> I'd heard that all pm's were read by mods too Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

I can tell you that the Moderators DO NOT have access to anyones private messages.   The only person who can retrieve messages is Matt and he will only do this if a complaint is made.   The only thing Moderators have access to is any profile that has been created or amended and even then they cannot change anything on your profile.   If anyone has any further questions then please contact myself or Matt, don't start rumours that could potentially upset other members.   Cheers,          Di.                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

Nay Di lass no one is starting rumours cos one only has to look in past posts to see it said Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

If that's so why did you not contact Matt or myself to confirm what was posted Herne? It would have been an awful lot less hassle and time to have just asked instead of creating a new topic.   That's what myself, Matt and paganprince are here for, ask the question and we will answer. Maybe not straight away but will answer you and truthfully too! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

Apologies then Di but I was under the impression that to contact Matt for something as trivial as this was a no no. Many things in life are done in error...but one must not be admonished for it in all instances Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Just be thankful I haven't slapped you for it! LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Herne's Profile
Herne

Awwwww.......Go on Chase me LOLOuch                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

Ah but Di...some good has come out of this now hasn't it cos now all the other folks who thought it was so can read the post and see that it's not so...agreed....yaaaah......You can still slapme tho if you will Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

((((slap))))   Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

OUCH  Ouch  Wow what a mean left hook..............slopes of to corner to lick wounds.            
Di's Profile
Di

Actually it was the frying pan! Fbk can tell you all about the frying pan and carving knife! He didn't know I could run that fast either lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Ok let me put everything straight here... Moderators are here to keep the PUBLIC side of the site clean and friendly. Moderators cannot see any private PMs or private chatroom messages Only I can see such messages, and it's a ball ache for me having to dig out messages from the database I will only dig someones PM or private chatroom message out if eitherA) A complaint is madeB) I'm alerted to spamming 160,000 PMs have been sent - we don't have time to keep up with the public stuff, nevermind all this too! Our priority is publicly visible content (Events, forums,  chatroom etc) as it's this that can have a seriously damaging effect on the site's reputation. Also - any moderator can speak on my behalf if I'm not available.  If a moderator is unsure how to answer your question they will come to me and either I will respond to you or give the moderator the answer. As always - feel free to ask about anything.  But I can assure you that your privacy and safety is very important to us.                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

Cheers Matt Thumbs Up   Now everything is as clear as mud Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Well take ya head out of the puddle then!!! Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

Hmm it's gonna have to be legs slapped with a wet lettuce for you my girl Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

wouldnt worry about it di, he will walk right past you and sit by your vehicle and start chatting it up  lol                                                                                                                                                                                 
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Yep, He failed to recoginise me but recognized my bike. mind you i totally didn't recoginise GeoffB2005 and Roachy at devils bridge the other week.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 679 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption