Post test training

14 Posts | Latest reply on 22/11/2008 17:24:05 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi All

I'm looking for some input from you all on post test training, who's got experience good or bad of IAM & Rospa tests and training or other avenues.  I'd like to continue training at some level but not sure who to go to, even the bike school I used for DAS are bringing some stuff out too.

Thanks,
Nick
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Hi Nick and welcome to BM Hug   I've only just done my CBT myself, but there's lots of great ppl on here who will no doubt be able to give u some good pointers.   Take a look at the events pages, see if you can get along to any of the meets.  You'll get lots of good advice there too.   Good Luck Kaz Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Hi Nick Smile If you contact your local police they should tell you about the training courses they do ...altho I couldn't swear to it down in your area..but up here in Yorkshire and Humberside we at MAG arranged with the police to put on courses......it's worth a try anyways mate Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

have a look for your local bikesafe course   www . bikesafe.co.uk                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

i was in the police back in england, and in the police bike club.  Had some good ride outs with them guys and got lots of good advice.  It was 2 police officers (Ch Insp and a Sgt) who took me right through all my training until i passed.  If you can get out with ur local bobbies i'd highly recommend it!
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Have to agree with you Matt I also found em brilliant Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford

Thanks for your posts folks, I had booked up on the last local bikesafe this year but some fool decided to push over my bike a few nights before so was left down one hanger and peg over that weekend, I did go along for the theory bits though.  It looks as is I have an IAM bike group quite local and a ROSPA group too, I'll aim to sound them both out and go from there, I'll let you know how it goes!
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I'm going for some post test training in spring. I'm lucky in that a friend of mine is a traffic/motorcycle bobby. He's a nutter on his own bike, but he's promised to take me out and give me some tuition(as it should be ridden, not how he rides lol). Am sure i'll let you all know what i learn Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I need some brush up training as well actually.  Will have to look at this come spring.   Did quite a few courses a long while back, advanced course, performance riding courses, cornering courses etc, but as with everyone I have picked up bad habits over the years.   A number of police districts (Yorkshire is one of them) offer free assessment rides.  This is where one of the police instructors goes out with you for an hour or two and then just offers some advice afterwards, including what sort of training you should look at.   I'll probably look at doing that.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

since passing my test (june) ive had a few days random training, all have been helpful and mostly good fun so i would def advise anybody to do the same, im not sure that the driving test is a good indicator of the required level of skill for keeping yourself safe , it`s something i will carry on with next yr.
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

have a look at this thread   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=1816   It has some good suggestions in it                                                                                                                                                                             
CHATPAL's Profile
CHATPAL

In: nr Eastbourne

The IAM offer good post test training at a reasonable cost - currently £109 for a Skills for Life package - this takes you to advanced test level and the test fee is included in the cost.  Over and above that you are usually asked to contribute towards your Observor's fuel costs (remember they are trained volunteers and don't get paid for their input). Bikesafe is great but many people find they want/need something ongoing and usually the Bikesafe crew recommend further advanced training as their day is more of a 'taster' for advanced riding.  Rospa is another candidate but I'm not sure of the costs involved with their courses. Brilliant that you want to continue with developing your riding skills - might just save your life one day - hope it never comes to that tho'.
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

probably will tho, and ull be glad you did the training.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Hi Nick u should try IAM, up here they give good training and its ongoing with them organizing rides and socials ect                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 1415 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption