I've booked my CBT!!!

118 Posts | Latest reply on 05/12/2008 23:39:23 by old red | Go to original / last post
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yep, it's true - after much deliberation I have booked my CBT for... NEXT WEDNESDAY!!   If I said I was cr*pping myself - it would be an understatement.   The plan is to complete the CBT, see how I'm assessed and then decide from there which (if any) route I'm going to take towards gaining my motorcycle license!!   OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

You deserve a great big Hugfor that! I'm sure you'll be OK - let us know how you get on.
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Tee hee!!...good on yer galSmile...let me be the first to congratulate you!! You'll be getting sooooooo much support & encouragement on here like you wont believe!Cool Best of luck to you, know you wont regret it!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

D'OH.....Ok....the second!!PMSL!!....                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea best of luck, im sure you'll be fine. CBT is great fun if anything.   And I love the "OMG, OMG" bit, that Peter from Family Guy?   :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

good luck, i did mine 9 weeks ago, best thing i ever did. you,ll sail through!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Good on you Roachy! We'll make an FFS girl out of you yet!

Don't worry about pooping yourself... just put yer big girl's pants on, plaster that lovely smile on yer face and go for it!

When I first got on the bike I thought "No... this ain't happening... not in a MILLION years" - very nearly quit 5 minutes after I'd started... but just made myself carry on... it costs a lot of money, so I just figured sodditt... I may as well just have a laugh while I'm here. And laugh I did. As soon as you let go and make a conscious decision to enjoy yourself, you will!

You'll be back on here Wednesday night full of it, grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I didn't even have the guts to get out on the road on the first attempt, so could've ended up feeling a complete failure, but I didn't. I was floating around on cloud 9 for days! :o)

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

And congrats to Kilmarney :o)

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yehhhh Roachy ...good for u !!   I passed mine 7 weeks ago ...and I was like WB, thought I can't do this...!    But got loads of support off here.... talkin me thro stuff and even lending me books/dvds...   I didn't go out on the road the first time even tho my instructor wanted me to....but the 2nd day i went out..and was leading..an LOVED it !!     I would've done my DAS..but I want to get more road experience before i get a bigger bike......(and i can't affored it yet) besides I gotta get a little one first! lol   Good Luck !!  and remember...nobody fails a CBT, perhaps they may need a bit more time,, one, two, three or more attempts, but you will do it !    :o)                                                                                                                                                                                   
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

You go for it girl! Amd when you pass we will com over to you for a coffee and not diassapear once you have gon to the loo lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Go Roachy GO!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYy for Roachy. You'll be fine - as WB said, just relax & enjoy it. Once you get going it's great fun Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Knowing you as I do Roachy, I reckon that not only are you going to be fine, but you'll actually find that you truly love it. I wouldn't be surprised to find you extremely keen, following your CBT, to get your DAS sorted and your test taken very quickly.   And you know that you can rely on me to support and help you. (And duff the instructors up if they give you any hassle lol!)   I should warn you though, this motorcycling lark can become pretty addictive!  Oh yeah, it all starts with, "I'll get my test passed and then I've got it" but quickly escalates into "I've got my test, now I HAVE to have a bike so that I can think about travelling to such places as Wales, Scotland, France ....... Spain ....... Austria ....... etc, etc."   I am proud of you ..... big, big, big hugs.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

In: Redditch worc

go girl, been to book mine but chickened out.....going to do it tommorow.........honest. good luckPinch                                                                                                                                                                              
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Well done Roachy just take your time and enjoy it, like some of the others have said already don't worry if you don't manage it in one day I took mine over 1 and half days, then got myself a 125 to gain confidence before taking my test, it was the cheaper option for me than doing a DAS meant I could get experience with out the cost of paying an instructor. Wheelienice nice to see you back on here, come on gal get that cbt booked, where you been hiding. ps Roachy just take a look at my pic and if someone my age can do it anyone can. Wink I just tucked my crimpolene dress in my bloomers, lifted my feet up and away I went, must admit though it was painful wearing a crash helmet with rollers in.
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

pmsl @ CG.......what you like!!!......yer new pic makes me chuckle every time i see itLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

go for it Roachy-you,ll love it...good luck!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just heard from my friend Silvi: Not only has she booked her CBT, she's taken and passed it! She's a bit shy, and didn't want to shout. So I'm doing it for her.   YAHOO!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

YAHOO!!!!  NICE ONE SILVI!!   XK...pass on my congrats please Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

In: Redditch worc

hi CG love the outfit pink dress fab for xmas do,WELL I HAVE BOOKED MY C B T.. 2ND DEC.............will be on the look out for cheap 125..... IF I PASS  BET IT RAINS  WISH ME LUCK                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5898 seconds. There are 698 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption