SQL Errors - Need your input

118 Posts | Latest reply on 15/03/2009 21:10:27 by old red | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

lol sorry Matt!

Not really an issue - everything functions the next time - just intermittent errors jumping up Wink

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

ok i'm running a trace on the server now, trying to spot when these deadlocks happen to see what process is locking up the tables                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

One deadlock found so far today - someone tried to run a search on the profiles whilst another person's account was being updated with their "last visited" date and time.   Really don't how how I can avoid these errors - seems impossible                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

There were a load last night about 11pm UK time.   37 deadlocks yesterday in total, all caused when the database was being updated with the lasted date/time that someone accessed the site (Whilst others were trying to search for profiles, etc).   The 2 jobs conflict and the search gets rejected.   I'm working on a solution                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok I think i've fixed most of it now.  I've corrected the searches so that they don't lock the database tables.   Few more changes to make (like to chatroom) before it's all fixed.   Performance will be dramatically improved also after this.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Well done Matt - persistence pays off eh? Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

I will be SO happy if I've FINALLY fixed this problem that we've had since day one. It's been reduced as much as possible by being all on one server (faster), but never totally stopped.   I think now I may have solved it, but I'm not crossing my fingers just yet.   So far I've applied my "fix" to the profile searching and forums (2 biggest used sections).  So far no deadlocks today, but yesterday all the deadlocks were at night.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

LOADS of changes made!  In fact nearly every database command in every page of code has been updated.   And so far... not a single deadlock all day!  Brilliant!!!   I know, i know, I'm a genius. lol                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Cheers Matt!!  Thumbs Up Thanks a lot for all the work you are doing behind the scenes to streamline stuff - much appreciated!! (by myself, anyway!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

im just so happy i might have found a solution. Been bugging me for 2 years!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

48 hours and not a single deadlock! I'd say it's pretty much fixed  YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Woo hoo! Good job Matt!! Thumbs Up   Now you just have to fix those sticky keys on your keyboard....   (am saying nothing.....)                                                                                                                                                                             
D4VO's Profile
D4VO

In: Barnstaple

Cant upload any pic did have one on but when trying to change it keep getting following error message   Uploaded Photos Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' Cursor updates are not allowed on tables opened with the NOLOCK option. /sites/bm/myaccount/showphotos.asp, line 156                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3155                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

fixed                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

had this a couple of times lately Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out /sites/bm/forum/posts.asp The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

had this a couple of times lately Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out /sites/bm/forum/posts.asp The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.                                                                                                                                                                              
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

keep getting the same as julie-very slow running tonight Matt!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 685 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption