Tufty Club ride out to the Paris Bike Show

111 Posts | Latest reply on 10/10/2019 19:35:17 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

PP I have just Googled French military victories very funny. Have rode a lot in France never had any trouble with Race can or anything else on my bike there police seem to have much more inportant things to do.   had repairs done to my bike in a french bike shop went out of there way to be helpful and didnt charge me.   This is only my personal dealings and Im sure there are some people with horror stories but I find it a lot more relaxing riding on europe                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Cheers Mick!   I have driven in France in various self-built cars many years ago and found the French VERY welcoming - the gendarmes even halted a dual carriageway to let us cross it once!   Wasn't sure if things had changed with the thousands of EU laws that have surfaced since but doesn't sound like it.   Can't wait to get over there again now!                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

I have found That the French play lip service to EU laws. If your being a total twat they will lift you but other than that I have found them helpful                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

I'v had no problem with French police yet! they have turned a blind eye few times on things i have done and have waved me in to follow them a number of times to get me through traffic queues.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

They slapped my poor old Dad in handcuffs in '75 and had him half-bundled into a van... there's me (7) my sis (nearly 4) bawling our eyes out thinking they're taking our Daddy to prison and my Mum trying to get us to STFU and explain to the not very nice at all policeman that we hadn't known you weren't allowed to overtake when such lines appear on t'road.

Stern Smile

She got through to the bloke in the end... but it wasn't a terribly pleasant experience... took til the mid-90's before my Dad would drive in France again...

My Dad's about the most inoffensive chap you'd ever meet in your life... So it wasn't that he had any "attitude" or owt...
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

They're french. Point a gun at them and they'll surrender.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Just discovered that the motorbike and scooter part of the show has been split off and won't be held until 2010. No reason, of course, why there can't be a BM run this year but be warned, the dress code will be lycra, not leatherCry                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Gives me more time to get the required funds together. Redundancy ate into my Paris funds.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Found this interesting, it's the first forum I posted in, looks like I might of upset a few people, there don't seem to be many of the southerns who posted still active on here, befor it starts again I'd like to say it was the roads around London I was talking about not the people, what's the first forum that you posted in ???
monk860's Profile
monk860

In: Warwick

The idea of this run still sounds good though.!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

You might have trouble catching up with them monk !!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4199 seconds. There are 872 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption