Changing rear bulb on blackbird

24 Posts | Latest reply on 15/11/2008 09:34:12 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

ok the back bulb has gone, so i can't go to work or home at normal times cos its dark.   Need to quickly change the rear bulb tomorrow at work - anyone know how easy it is and what tools (if any) I will need?   Anyone know what bulb I'll need to buy?                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok... please forgive me for saying this...   How many BMers does it take to change Matt's light bulb?   *hangs head in shame*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Also shameful....   Are there any black birds in the house?   *exits, head lowered*                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

What year is your bike, Matt?   CBR 1100 XXV/XXW Blackbird 97-98 = 12v 21/5w BAY15D Kyoto                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

If you click on the link here, find your bike and click on the rear fender it will tell you the bulb you need and the exploded diagram should at least give you a clue how to replace it. Hope it helps!   Grr... I am useless at breaking links!   It is the blackbirdownersclub.nl and it is the first post on the International technical forum about part numbers..   Matt - I will PM you the link....                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

If I'm not mistaken Matt you just need to take your seat off and get the cluster at the back ..the light holder just pushes and turns to get it out.....around 3 mins from start to finish                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

perfect, sounds brilliant.  Ill have to go into work when the sun is up tomorrow and then go find a halfords at lunch.   Thanks guys                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

its a 2002 model by the way                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

argh - theres loads of bulbs to choose from.... http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/...IGHT_99-03   The brake light works, but not the normal light.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Take the faulty one to the shop, and say "I want one of these".                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

I think all those other options for item 8 have been superceded by one choice - 34909-505-003 BULB (12V8W4CP) (67)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Sorry, just looked again - its part 9 I need, 34906-MBB-611.   Gonna try and find somewhere that sells them at lunch.   I've had this bike for years now, since 04 I think, and I've never had to do anything to it - not even change a bulb!!  All my other bikes I used to pull apart regularly, but not this one.  :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Did you get it sorted, Matt?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

all sorted, had to replace both. The main filiment had gone in both rear bulbs, though the brake filiment worked fine in them both. Cost 4 euros and was well easy to fit - can't believe what a doddle it was.   Thanks again!  :-)  Knew I could rely on you all                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Matt, its very unusual for both main filaments to go at the same time. When you get time check to see if the fuse for the rear lights is correct. A higher ampage fuse can let more currant through and blow the filaments.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

...methinks Matt has been doing Stoppies.... Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Unless of course one went a while ago and Matt just didn't notice.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

yea i think that geoff, cos i aint doin stoppies on a blackbird lol                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

well done young`un before ya know it you`ll be putting shelves up and even unblocking the hoover! no stoppin ya now!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0625 seconds. There are 1080 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption