Standard members can now PM premium members

22 Posts | Latest reply on 18/11/2008 17:56:31 by Herne | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

As of now, standard members are able to respond to Private Messages from Premium members or staff. Standard members are not able to initiate conversations still however. This is to prevent further abuse of our site by spammers.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

and it works. Cheers Matt for the hard work. another drink credit to you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

So what's the incentive for PAYING members to keep paying?   I thought the idea of paying for membership meant that paid members get privileges that non paying members don't get, that's how it usually works on other sites. What's the point in me paying for somethin I can get for free?   Am I being blonde here?   Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

You get Chat and the Forum, plus you can send loads of messages to sexy chaps like TeeCee, asking for our phone numbers!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I thought ANYONE could read the forum? Used to be able to hence keeping profanity out just in case minors saw it.   PML @ T C's phone number, yea right!                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Standard members have got to be good little boys and girls and only speak when spoken to. Us premium lot can cause a rumpus at the back of the classroom any time, as long as teacher/moderator doesn't spot us!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Wills, did u go to the same school as Tom Brown?   PS  - as I'm a good little boy, do I qualify for a refund?                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

Thing is tho Kwak standard members are leaving because they can't pm other members. this way they can send a wink to a full member and the full member can reply. once the reply has been made to the standard member then a full two way conversation can happen.   If a standard member wants to contact a standard member then one of them will have to subscribe. it is called a compromise. I would rather get 50% revenue then none.   Matt has worked hard to implement this change along with moving the site to faster servers. A lot of people have also worked hard in the background researching why standard members are leaving in droves. Give the man a break and stop complaining.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Well done Matt, this is how it should be. I've had a few winks (yes even me!) from standard members but have been unable to enter into a conversation - I could PM them, but they couldn't of course reply.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Jesus kwak!  Do you want me to list all the other things paying members get?   Like you can WRITE in the forums, not just READ!  And join in with the chat. And remove all the site's irritating adverts. Create events, upload unlimited photos, have a favourites list, perform FULL searches (Not just quick ones)..... AND SOON PREMIUM MEMBERS WILL/MAY HAVE THEIR OWN DEDICATED SERVER for faster access!  No more slow site for paying members  And THIS is why you pay!   And what extra are we giving to those with free accounts? The ability to reply to PMs from just premium members and staff!   So feel free if you want to go back to standard access, as Im sure its only being able to PM premium members that you pay for.   You're never bloody happy!   Oh, and did I mention that with the research I carried out (Not the research Di and Phil kindly did) I found that premium users who cancel their subscription do so because nobody they PM can reply to their messages!   Now everybody's happy (except Kwak) AND we still keep the spammers at bay.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Well done matt on all your hard work and also to Di and Phil (whoever he is) for all their hard work to.   OOOHHHH maybe now I might get some winks and pms instead of being billy no mates and can even message people who are just standard members.   Matt it doesn't matter what ever people do in life there will always be people who aren't happy with it, personally I think you are doing a great job and this site has introduced me to some nice people and got me out the house and on my bike what more could I ask for.  umm maybe the odd pm from someone who looks at my profile instead of just browsing. lol   Oh and yeah I almost forgot you have brought me my lovely partner in crime, my ex hubby ChaVbot who with out him and Doris my days down the community centre bingo and afternoon tea dances would be boring.                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

Phil (whoever he is)   It's ME CG. you only spent most of the night in the same pub as me. Was i that memorable?? i dunno how many times did i get my ponytail stroked by some random bikerchik in the greyhound.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Why do I get told to stop complaining when I ask a question?   and why do you always swear at me Matt?                                                                                                                                                                                 
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

I'LL SWEAR AT YOU IF YOU'VE HIDDEN MY CAKE!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Matt has worked hard to implement this change along with moving the site to faster servers. A lot of people have also worked hard in the background researching why standard members are leaving in droves. Give the man a break and stop complaining.   Altho I think you're an ok guy pagan I think that comment about kwak complaining is totally out of order......Everyone is entitled to their opinion altho some of us if we do express an opinion or not be a member of a clique get told were complaining or a trouble maker.....So Kwak I'll apologise to you on behalf of those that have slagged you off. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Can standard members indicate their attendance at events, or do they not have access to the "add me to this event " button? I think they should,to encourage them to come along, the more the merrier.                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

summat happened here that i,ve missed ??why is Kwak complaining about new servants stopping the spam butties??..forget the cake Oggy have a spam butty instead                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

yes anyone can add themselves to events and tag their photos also.  You need to be a full member to create an event however, again to minimize the level of spam coming onto the site.                                                                                                                                                                             
speedtrifle509's Profile
speedtrifle509

In: Nottingham

So where have all these 'droves' of standard members gone?  BJ, BD & BK have fewer std member benefits and are more expensive for full membership so I doubt they've gone there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

it's winter, everything is dying off.  It will all pickup at Christmas, then die again at new year, then pickup at Valentines day and be booming then all summer. Happened last year and the year before.  Looking at the stats I can see it's happening again now.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.3594 seconds. There are 1331 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption