Financial Crisis

27 Posts | Latest reply on 25/09/2008 16:13:53 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Soz, didn't mean to post that twice...   Thanks TC, appreciate that.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

another aspect of this is that even if you are doing ok ish, mortgage nearly paid etc then your kids cant afford to leave home so you are stuck with the buggers and still subsidising them at some level and you cant economise much to absorb all of the increases
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Send the little buggers up t' chimney in those big ouses you loook after J lol   Same hear A out of work again lol ah well at least my house is a council house so rent will be payed.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Best of luck to you too, HR!   Let's hope it is not for long...                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Me too (out of work) - p'haps we should ask Matt for a sub concession? C'mon Matt - giv us a break.Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

haha, then I'll have to pay for everythin myself!  Money is tight for me too u no lol, hence this topic.   Regarding the 10x salary thing. I bought a place for just under 60k - crap house in a crap area.  I managed to get 4.5x my crappy police staff salary to pay for it from Northern Rock.   Was a crap place,  but best financial move ive ever made (At 18).                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Mine was £52K, bought with my sister 17 years ago... when she left to move in with a boyfriend a couple of years later, I had to keep her name on the house because they wouldn't let me have the mortgage solely in my name as my salary was so rubbish... Eventually she wanted to buy again and the only way I could get them to allow her name to come off the mortgage was by having my Dad act as Guarantor.

It seemed a struggle to me at the time, (I had to get part time work on top of my full time job in order to make the ends meet after she left) but it's nothing in comparison to what people starting out today have to contend with.

If rents were fair, it wouldn't be so bad, but they ain't. You're stuffed whichever way you turn.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 742 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption